Pampered Chef Chicken Ring

scrapperjill said:
Yep....I've got that book. It's a good one. :thumbsup2

I love the new stoneware one. It also has a section for Cooking for 2 which is great for hubby and I. The newest one, I don't have yet, is Cooking for 2 or More. The best thing is that all of them are coming out now with the spiral binding so they are much easier to work with.

Ok...now for the shaping:

Making the Wreath

Unroll 2 (8 oz) packages refrigerated crescent rolls; separate into 16 triangles. Arrance eight triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends 3 inches from edge of baking stone and points toward the outside. (Points will extend off the edge of the stone.) Arrange remaining triangles in center of baking stone, matching wide ends with triangles already in place. (Points will overlap in center.)

Using Baker's Roller, roll over seams of triangles where wide ends meet, creating a smooth surface for filling. Do not seal center triangles.

Using large scoop, scopp filling evenly over dough in a continuous circle.

Beginning with last triangle placed in center of baking stone, bring point of triangle straight across filling. Next, bring point of oppositve outside triangle diagonally across filling, covering point of previous triangle. (Filling will show.) Repeat, overlapping points of inside and outside triangles to form a wreathe. Tuck last end under first. Continue as recipe directs.

Making the Ring

Unroll 2 (8 oz) packages refrigerated crescent rolls; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on large round stone with wide ends 4 inches from edge of baking stone. (Points will extend off edge of stone.) Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5-inch opening.

Using large scoop, scoop filling evenly over dough in a continuous circle.

Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring. (Filling will show.) Continue as recipe directs.

Making the Braid

Unroll 2 (8 oz) packages refrigerated crescent rolls; DO NOT SEPARATE. Arrange dough on rectangle stone with longest sides of rectangles across width of banking stone. Roll dough to seal seams.

Starting on longest sides of baking stone, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. Using large scoop, scoop filing evenly over center of dough.

Starting as one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across top of filling. Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid. Fold bottom edges of dough up at ends of braid. Continue as recipe directs.

Next up...the variations.

Classic Rueben

8 oz. sliced deli corned beef, chopped (2 cups)
1 can (8 oz) sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
1 1/4 cups (5 oz) shredded swiss cheese, divided
1/4 cup thousand island dressing
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 egg white, lightly beaten.

1. Preheat over to 375 F. In bowl, combine corned beef, saurkraut, 1 cup of cheese, dressing, parsley and garlic; mix well.

2. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape; finish shape as directed. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 8 servings

Beef Taco

1 1/2 pounds lean (90%) ground beef
1 package (1-12.5oz) taco seasoning mix
1 3/4 cups (7 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 tablespoons water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
Optional toppings: salsa, shredded lettuce, chopped onion and tomato, sliced olives and sour cream.

1. Preheat over to 375F. Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and water.

2. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape; finish shape as directed. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with toppings.

Yield:8 servings.

Spinach & Artichoke

1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 cup (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package (4 oz) crumbled feta cheesee
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons (1/2 oz) grated fresh parmesan

1. Preheat over to 375F. In bowl, combine artichokes, spinach, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, bell pepper, mayonnaise, garlic and black pepper. Mix will.

2. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape; finish shape as directed. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Bake 2-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 8 servings

Chicken Club

3 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
1 cup (4 oz) shredded swiss cheese, divided
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 plum tomatoes, sliced

1. Preheat over to 375F. In bowl, combine chicken, bacon, 3/4 cup of cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and garlic. Mix well.

2. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape; top with tomato slices. Finish shape as directed. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Garden Vegetable Omelet

4 ounces cream cheese, divided
1/4 cup mil
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
8 eggs, divided
1 teaspoon Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat over to 375. In bowl, whisk cream cheese and milk; add flour and whisk until smooth. Separate 1 egg; researce egg white. Add the yolk, remaining 7 eggs, dill mix, salt and black pepper to cream cheese mixture; whisk until smooth. Add asparagus, bell pepper and onion to bowl; mix well.

2. Melt butter in 12-in skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook, sritting occassionally, 4-6 minutes until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape; sprinkle with cheese. Finish shape as directed. Brush remaining lightly beaten egg white. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

I didn't type the BBQ chicken recipe because it calls for a Pampered Chef seasoning mix which we no longer carry and I'm not sure what the replacement would be.

Kelliegh

Thanks for the Chicken Club Ring (etc) recipe. It's my absolute favorite PC dish, and I was just looking for the long lost recipe.

Not fair! We don't get all the cookbooks here, only the little ones :sad:

Thanks scrapperjill and Kelleigh for the Turkey cranberry recipe!

:thumbsup2 It was yummy!

HC

MazdaUK said:
Not fair! We don't get all the cookbooks here, only the little ones :sad:

If you ever want to order any of the other cookbooks, just let me know. I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure if they'll ship to the UK, but I could probably have it sent to me and then just send it on to you.

My favorites are the Turkey Cranberry wreath and the Taco ring. I don't use ground beef for that one, I only use ground chicken (or ground turkey). It's awesome. Also, I crush tortilla chips and smoosh them into the crescent dough (so it ends up on the outside of the wreath). That really gives it a nice corn-y taco flavor. Try it! :)

Actually I haven't made either of these in at least a year (been dieting! lol) but I think I may have to soon, thanks for the reminder! :)

I love the taco ring idea with the crushed taco chips :thumbsup2 ! I have to admit that I love the turkey-cranberry wreath. I however am a lazy cook and just put it in a 9X13 pan and serve it like a casserole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter