Pandora--Riding without a fast pass

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
It's a long story, buy I am not able to book fast passes in advance, as I cannot get my tickets until I arrive at the park. Has anyone had a strategy that has worked to Ride FOP without a fast pass? We are just two adults. Thank you!

I haven't personally had to do this, but there is a video on YouTube by Brian from Touring plans called "Riding Flight of Passage with No wait" that may help. From the research I have done for my own trip this year (if I cannot get FP+), it seems like one of the best strategies is to get to the park quite early so you can be one of the first people queued up at the turnstiles and will be able to be one of the first groups to FoP when you are let into the park. After that since most people are wanting to ride FoP, the wait for Na'vi is still pretty short after you ride FoP. I have also read where some people are having luck jumping into line close to the park close with little waits (30-45 min).

Keep refreshing day of to try to find a FP....otherwise get there really early before opening or right before closing. Or wait in a long line.

I haven't personally had to do this, but there is a video on YouTube by Brian from Touring plans called "Riding Flight of Passage with No wait" that may help. From the research I have done for my own trip this year (if I cannot get FP+), it seems like one of the best strategies is to get to the park quite early so you can be one of the first people queued up at the turnstiles and will be able to be one of the first groups to FoP when you are let into the park. After that since most people are wanting to ride FoP, the wait for Na'vi is still pretty short after you ride FoP. I have also read where some people are having luck jumping into line close to the park close with little waits (30-45 min).
I watched the Video from Touring Plans and the whole time I was thinking, you are spending just as much time in line at the Front Gate /Entrance to Pandora as you would in the queue. Oh how wrong I was. Did you see that line after he got off the river ride? Holy smokes.

Shortest wait will be if you arrive to the park 60-90 min prior to park opening. If I'm waiting then I'd rather wait while the park isn't open yet.

You're next best would be right near park close. It'll be shorter than during the middle of the day, but it won't be a walk on. I'd still anticipate around a 75 min wait near park close

Arrive at AK 45-60 minutes prior to opening and stay to the left side of the walkway. When they open the path to Pandora go straight to FoP and get line. We did this twice on our trip which was opening weekend of Pandora and were able to ride with about a 20-30 minute wait.
The stand-by queue was crazy long when we got out(3-4 hours).
We also had FP+ for a later day in our trip. With the FP+ you don't get to see the queue which I thought was pretty cool, but the ride is incredible. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

I would say it isn't enough to rope drop it, you have to be at or near the front of the rope drop line too. We went last week and part of my family tried to rope drop FOP. They cleared entry and bag check before rope drop. Park opened a couple of minutes before 8am. By 8:10, the FOP line was 3 hours long.

For what it's worth, early means EARLY!! Last week we arrived at 7:45 for an 8am park opening and the FoP standby was already over 2 hours.

There have been several reports of 30-40 minute waits just before closing time. This may be a more efficient use of time and less stressful than arriving 60+ minutes before opening.

Just keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally inflated at night to discourage late riders.

I would try to get there really early and I think if ou book breakfast somewhere you are able to go in the park before the crowds.:dogdance:

Would you have to arrive as early on an Early Entry day if you are staying at a WDW hotel?
Yes. I did both. On a regular 9am opening I completed FoP at 9am.
On an 8am extra magic hour opening I completed FoP at 8:10am because there were even more people there that day. (They let us in the park about 45 min before scheduled opening on both mornings)

For what it's worth, early means EARLY!! Last week we arrived at 7:45 for an 8am park opening and the FoP standby was already over 2 hours.
Correct! They actually open the park 45 minutes before scheduled opening. Which means they opened the park that morning at 7:15. You need to get to AK over an hour before the scheduled opening time.

When we went I noticed that the wait time was shortest around the time the ROL show was going on and right after it ended. It dropped to about 45 mins at that time, previous to that it had been around 90-120+ minutes.

Arrive at AK 45-60 minutes prior to opening and stay to the left side of the walkway. When they open the path to Pandora go straight to FoP and get line. We did this twice on our trip which was opening weekend of Pandora and were able to ride with about a 20-30 minute wait.
The stand-by queue was crazy long when we got out(3-4 hours).
We also had FP+ for a later day in our trip. With the FP+ you don't get to see the queue which I thought was pretty cool, but the ride is incredible. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!
Arriving at AK at least 70 minutes before scheduled opening is even better. They actually open about 45 to 40 minutes before scheduled opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!