Parades and fireworks with wheelchair

Garden

Earning My Ears
I’ll have a 10 year old in a wheelchair, due to what we assume is a temporary mobility issue. I have no experience with wheelchair access/rights issues.

We are going to MK and Epcot. Where should we watch parade/that dance celebration thing/fireworks?

While she could get up and dance for 15 minutes mid day, there is no way she could stand for 30 + minutes by 9pm...

Thanks!

there is a place for a wheelchair to view the fireworks at the MK ( or there was last weekend) you will need to get there early like an hour because it is first come first serve and no busy night I have heard they will fill up.

BC1BEF88-3BEA-4280-A7F4-2F1E90A7D60D.jpeg The park maps previously didn’t have any wheelchair spot for fireworks, but just recently, I noticed there are marked fireworks spots.
This is a screenshot of the most recent Disabilities map that Euby posted a link to.
The parade viewing spots are circled red and the fireworks in black.

@Garden - remember to arrive a bit early, and ask Cast Members that are working in that area; they can typically give you a bit more information about where any designated HA areas are, and where other great viewing locations are.

You can also "purchase" a better view by buying the Fireworks Dessert Parties.

How many are in your party? One thing to keep in mind is that they may limit the “reserved” area to just the person in the wheelchair +1 companion; at least the parade viewing areas have done that, we haven’t used reserved fireworks areas. If you are a party of 3 they may allow 1 to sit in front of the wheelchair and 1 to stand behind it. If you have more that 3 in your party and wish to stay together, it may be best to stake out your own spot early. Grab a snack and make it a rest break for everyone.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!