paradise pier questions

albianne

Mouseketeer
Is 240 per night a decent rate for the paradise pier? I do have a premium pass so I think I can get a discount off of this rate but I'm not sure if I get 10 or 15% with a premium.
Could anyone who has used the concierge service tell me how much more they charge for that, and is it worth it?
I would love to look out on CA park at night, is there a specific side and floor you have to ask for to get a good view, any advice would be appreciated.

The rate is to vague to say if its good or bad. If its peak season, theme park view- that its probably ok. If its January with a view of the parking lot, its too much. Where are you getting that rate at? To get the ap discount you need to book directly with the hotel.

The "worth" of conc. is really hard to determine, as its something different to everyone. Will you get $100-150 a day in food and drinks to off set the cost? Probably not unless you are a large group, and plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel. Do you enjoy little extras like turn down service, borrowing DVD's and players, having someone available to make PS for you? Then you'll enjoy conc.

We did it last Oct. While it was nice, I probably wouldnt pay for it again. We dont spend enough time at the hotel to take advantage of all they offer. Our kids are young, and aren't huge eaters, and we dont like lugging bottles of water/pop around the park with us- so it wasnt worth it in that aspect. I know a lot of people swear by it, and wouldnt stay with out. We arent those type people. LOL

I think $240 seems high unless you are going very peak season. You have to pay for a theme park view to be guaranteed one. Since everyone wants one, if you don't pay for it, getting a free upgrade is a gamble. The last time I stayed at PP I paid a nightly average of $109 with the stay four nights, get one free promotion (this was on Expedia). So to me $240 is definitely high, I would pay that for the Disneyland Hotel but not PP. Also, Ap rates can be hard to come by, if you call and can't get one, I would book a room anyway (you can get the AAA discount if you have AAA). Then keep calling to see if they have AP rates available. If they do, they can switch your reservation over to an AP rate. But my experience with DLR onsite rooms is that they only get pricier as the dates get closer so better to get a decent rate now, than to put it off for an AP rate that might not ever happen.

We're going in December and got the 4th night free, so the average of the 4 nights comes out to $125 per night. I think $240 seems high. If I was paying $240, I'd stay at the Disneyland Hotel instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter