Paris Half 2020 Logistics

LightningGale

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm looking at doing the Disneyland Paris half-marathon in 2020. Things I cannot find on the website and would like to know:

When are they going to be selling individual bibs? I'm going to be traveling with friends who aren't running, so that's probably the easiest way to handle it - buy my bib separately, and we can package the rest of it as need be.

What hotels, if any, are considered "hosts"? Money is a concern so I'm considering staying off-property, but if being on-property makes a major difference in how easily I can get to the race, we can see about making the finances work.

When do I need to submit my medical certificate? Some of their stuff says my registration won't be confirmed until it's in; some says it just needs to be submitted by the end of August.

Thanks!

I don't think the bib only option is live yet. This will be my first DLP running event, and I ended up booking a package through an agency in the UK since it guarantees me race entry for the 36k challenge, 3 nights hotel and a 2 day park ticket and the prices were fair. They said that once registration has opened, I'll get a link to go and officially register and that site will be where I need to send my medical certificate. I got the impression that it's not urgent, but you have to submit it prior to the half marathon or you won't be allowed to run. I'm pretty sure the only host hotels are the Disney ones. The agency said there's transportation to the race area, though it doesn't look like a long walk. I'm sure other runners stay off site and you'd just need to get transportation there in the morning.

You can also stay at one of the partner hotels, except Nature Villages, they all have buses around 5.30-6.00 to bring you to DLP. The partner hotels are mentioned on the DLP website.
If money is a constraint that is your best option.

Bibs only won't go on sale for a long time, I think last year it was in April? They had several batches, but I would just try to buy one as soon as they open.

Yes, the medical certificate needs to be in somewhere in August. At the expo they have ways to process it the days before the half, but if there is an issue, you have a problem and you can't start. So, better get it arranged upfront.

Hello everyone!

A friendly tip if you are interested: you can book race packages directly through Disneyland Paris when following the links from the main runDisney page. Stumbled on this yesterday.

runDisney Page > Events > Disneyland Paris 2020 > (top banner) Event 2020 > Run Weekend > 'Click here' link

Was able to book hotel with tickets, race bibs, Photopass and Fastpass options all in one transaction.

Extra bonus is there is a 25% off deal with free half-board dining.

Bib only is a tough buy for DLP. Swing a package if you can. We did 2019 for the first time and just priced out 2020 on a whim and was pleasantly surprised at the offer given. Like the poster above, 25% off, free half board, and a 100 Euro gift card was my offer.

Individual bib sales started in April.

The medical waiver was sent in July/early August. It was easy for my doc to complete and then I scanned it back to DLP. No worries at all.

Bib only is a tough buy for DLP. Swing a package if you can. We did 2019 for the first time and just priced out 2020 on a whim and was pleasantly surprised at the offer given. Like the poster above, 25% off, free half board, and a 100 Euro gift card was my offer.

Individual bib sales started in April.

The medical waiver was sent in July/early August. It was easy for my doc to complete and then I scanned it back to DLP. No worries at all.

How did you manage to price it out??! When I go on it doesn't give me the option to buy and when I spoke to one of the operators they stated that the only way I could book was over the phone and they wouldn't give me a price sadly. We're hoping to do Castle to Chateau so I wanted pricing as we cannot book it just yet.

How did you manage to price it out??! When I go on it doesn't give me the option to buy and when I spoke to one of the operators they stated that the only way I could book was over the phone and they wouldn't give me a price sadly. We're hoping to do Castle to Chateau so I wanted pricing as we cannot book it just yet.

Thank you, I was about to ask the same question! When I follow the links provided above, the link is just to the generic book.disneylandparis.com site, and I see nothing about the race or deals on the landing page. Was it something that they realized was released early and pulled back? I'd love to be able to go in now and start pricing stuff out.

Thank you, I was about to ask the same question! When I follow the links provided above, the link is just to the generic book.disneylandparis.com site, and I see nothing about the race or deals on the landing page. Was it something that they realized was released early and pulled back? I'd love to be able to go in now and start pricing stuff out.
Sorry for the delays-I just spent a week at DW in Florida.
I repriced Sequoia/Cheyenne and checked last night to see the cost of the Marvel hotel since booking is available now. The Sequoia/Cheyenne prices remain the same. I am going through the Ireland DLP site as I think that makes a difference. I tried the USA site and the cost was about $500 more after currency conversion. The run option is considered an add on and was available last night.

Yes, whatever you do, check your prices very carefully. The US website is always the most expensive and indeed $500 more in comparison to the European sites are no exception.

Yes, whatever you do, check your prices very carefully. The US website is always the most expensive and indeed $500 more in comparison to the European sites are no exception.

Can you book through one of the European sites as someone in the US? Like if I go in through the UK site, would it let me book with an address in the states?

Can you book through one of the European sites as someone in the US? Like if I go in through the UK site, would it let me book with an address in the states?
Yes, it's a European law that all offers must be available to all customers. You are not allowed to exclude people from offer based on nationality.
Check UK, Irish and all languages you are comfortable with.

If it doesn't work via the website, you can call them and tell them 'could you please use the German offer, 25% room only discount' for example.
To call them, US people usually call WDW and ask to be transferred to DLP.

Yes, it's a European law that all offers must be available to all customers. You are not allowed to exclude people from offer based on nationality.

If it doesn't work via the website, you can call them and tell them 'could you please use the German offer, 25% room only discount' for example.

Thanks! I did the inaugural DLP race but I remember there being a crazy rush when packages went on sale, and I called Day 1 and booked over the phone (and had to add Intl Calling to my phone to do it!) I had no idea you could call WDW and ask to transfer to DLP! I'd much rather browse prices and then book online.

Thanks for the tips. I have been debating using DVC points to stay for this event (I have done this before and have them banked) or just buying a package. I don't need a ticket though. I am doing my first half in January at WDW and want to hold off until after that to see if I make it through, then sign up for the 1/2 at DLP (or just do the 10k if I have problems).

If there's anybody else going to the DLP Half Marathon weekend and flying using American Airlines miles, I just booked my air and they are having a very nice web special. I checked in October and I needed 95k miles and only had 94k, so I used their credit card and got enough points. Now that they've posted to my account, I went to look at the flights and they were only 33k miles, and they were the nonstops. I'm already looking at other weekends around that time frame to other places in Europe to see if I can get sweet deals like that (I now need to find a job with unlimited vacation time!).

When Bibs go on sale, are they able to be purchased through the run disney website? I found great ticket prices today, but didn't want to book unless I can definitely go.

When Bibs go on sale, are they able to be purchased through the run disney website? I found great ticket prices today, but didn't want to book unless I can definitely go.

Short answer is Yes.

However, If I'm planning to go to Paris to run this event as my first priority....I'd probably spend the extra $$$ and book the package with the bib now and avoid the anxiety of trying to register later for the "bib only".

Just my .02

Has anyone started the official 2020 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon weekend thread yet? So far I can only find this one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!