Park on departure day?

mpeanut

Mouseketeer
We have a short trip (4 days at Grand Floridian) coming up with a 4:40 departure out of MCO on our last day. We normally wake up and head right to MCO so don't visit a park on our last day. But this short trip and afternoon departure time has me torn between spending the morning at the resort (pool and lunch) or squeezing in a little more park time in the morning and being back at the resort for our DME departure which I assume will be around 1:30. Any suggestions?
Current Plan:
day 1: morning MK, break back at GF, possible return to MK or just relax at GF
day 2: am-Epcot rope drop and lunch, pm- resort relaxation time, Tiffins for early dinner and FoP & EE fastpasses
day 3: am- HS, pm- pool, dinner at resort or Epcot
morning 4: back to a park or hang out at resort

Since you are staying at Grand Floridian, I would spend the morning at MK! We did that our last trip... had a PPO breakfast at BOG, rode 7DMT and Peter Pan in standby, used our 3 FP's for the Mountains, had silhouettes done of the kids, got some ice cream and headed back to the hotel by 12:30 :) It was wonderful!

We really enjoy going to the MK on our departure date. Leisurely pace, three good fast passes and a nice lunch around half past noon. Works really well. And logistically it is not difficult, you can check out first thing in the morning and leave your bags at the hotel.
The only substantial comment to your plan above is I really do not believe leaving hotel as early as 1:30 is necessary. We usually rent a car but I would probably pay for an Uber to have an extra hour at the MK

The last few trips, we have spent the morning at a park. We have done AK and MK as last morning parks and enjoyed both.

Since you are staying at Grand Floridian, I would spend the morning at MK! We did that our last trip... had a PPO breakfast at BOG, rode 7DMT and Peter Pan in standby, used our 3 FP's for the Mountains, had silhouettes done of the kids, got some ice cream and headed back to the hotel by 12:30 :) It was wonderful!
That sounds like a perfect morning!

We really enjoy going to the MK on our departure date. Leisurely pace, three good fast passes and a nice lunch around half past noon. Works really well. And logistically it is not difficult, you can check out first thing in the morning and leave your bags at the hotel.
The only substantial comment to your plan above is I really do not believe leaving hotel as early as 1:30 is necessary. We usually rent a car but I would probably pay for an Uber to have an extra hour at the MK

Seconded. Skip DME this time, they make you leave SO early. Leave your bags with bell services, and take a taxi/rideshare to the airport. I might splurge on a Minnie Van even.

I would totally go to MK since you can monorail/boat right over. Plus, MK is the park I normally do on my last day to get one last dose of that magical main street / castle vibe. We request a late checkout if its going to be hot and we want to shower before getting on the plane (after sweating in the park). Or we shower at the pool locker room.

Disneys Magical Express typically leaves 3 hours prior to departure

Is Uber more like $40-50 to the airport? We always use DME but are thinking about Ubering this time around. We'd never spend $155 for minnie van but would definitely spend $50 for Uber.

Is Uber more like $40-50 to the airport? We always use DME but are thinking about Ubering this time around. We'd never spend $155 for minnie van but would definitely spend $50 for Uber.
Yes, Uber/regular Lyft is WAY cheaper. The only reason I suggested Minnie Van was for the experience. I'm making assumptions here, but if someone has means to sstay at GF, and purchase a day ticket just to spend a few hours in the park, I'd venture that paying for a MV wouldn't be an issue. Is that in my budget? No.

To me it’s worth it but even more worth it since FP+ took effect.

We have always done MK on departure day. Last trip we did DHS. We got that extra ride on SDD, RnRC and TOT. DD was very happy.

I would 100% rope drop MK, and hit all our favorite rides. I might be tempted to also have lunch in the park but would probably head back and eat lunch at GF right before getting on DME.

I would 100% rope drop MK, and hit all our favorite rides. I might be tempted to also have lunch in the park but would probably head back and eat lunch at GF right before getting on DME.
I second this! You can usually get a lot done at MK if you rope-drop.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!