Park Package questions....Please and Thanks...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
So I am doing so research on this for our trip in Nov. 2020...

Question 1 ---- I am reading that if you get a Fast pass package (3 days) , the one I am looking at is the 8 FP = 2 -FP for all rides, and 6 FP for most rides except things like soarin and such...
1) I read it as - that you just get this the 8 FP for all 3 days and you have to divide it up between the days...
2) My DH said why would not that be each day? at Paris Disneyland your extra FP's are given daily with a package, plus look at the price point....
3) Our neighbors said that you get them for each day... they did the 6 FP and 2 show tickets...
4) Our other friends said that they are given for each park?

Question 2 - Park Hopping ---
1) I read that if you do a 3 day package you can park hop from day 1... Right?
2) our neighbor said no you can only park hop on only day 3...
3) her DH said you can't park hop at all

Question 3 - Using your park tickets that come with the package, you can still use them (the paper tickets) at the FP machine to try for other FP's right? as well you can use the paper park tickets for the lottery for the shows still?

So my Friend is saying... that if you do the package that you can't get fastpasses with your park ticket... which to- I was like what... she was adamant that you only can use the FP with the package, that they block you park ticket.... again another "what" moment? and that they could not use them on the lottery either that they were blocked...? I really not sure why she would think this... she is " 100% sure that she is right"... This just not seem right?

Oh my how my head is spinning with all the opinions, or whatever.... :confused3

Can someone please let me know whats the real deal is..:worship:

Thanks way in advance :thanks: :disrocks: :thumbsup2

You can't have an opinion about a fact, and most of the "facts" you were given were wrong :rotfl: It sure is fascinating how people can be so convinced about incorrect information...

1. However many FPs you get with the package, that is all you get, but you can use them on any day. If it says you get 8, then you get 8 for the length of the entire package. You do not get new ones each day. You do not get different ones for each park.

2. You CAN hop from day 1 with package tickets. You CANNOT hop until day 3 with regular multi-day tickets. (At least I understand the confusion on this one.)

3. Yes, you can use them for additional FPs & for the lotteries. They are in no way blocked.

You can't have an opinion about a fact, and most of the "facts" you were given were wrong :rotfl: It sure is fascinating how people can be so convinced about incorrect information...

1. However many FPs you get with the package, that is all you get, but you can use them on any day. If it says you get 8, then you get 8 for the length of the entire package. You do not get new ones each day. You do not get different ones for each park.

2. You CAN hop from day 1 with package tickets. You CANNOT hop until day 3 with regular multi-day tickets. (At least I understand the confusion on this one.)

3. Yes, you can use them for additional FPs & for the lotteries. They are in no way blocked.

Thank you so much... I feel better knowing that I was reading and understanding what I was reading... It is fascinating on how adamant people can get even when you show them what the site states as the package offerings... and it's right there in black and white... When people get like this it does make you wonder.... did I read this wrong? am I really misinterpreting what is written?

Now all I need to know is how to make a 3 night 3 day package reservation... and I will be one step closer in wading across the vast amount of info and planning that I need to do... LOL suggestions??

My family just did the Fastpass package that included the A Fastpass (no shows) in November 2019 and the following were true at that time:

So I am doing so research on this for our trip in Nov. 2020...

Question 1 ---- I am reading that if you get a Fast pass package (3 days) , the one I am looking at is the 8 FP = 2 -FP for all rides, and 6 FP for most rides except things like soarin and such...
1) I read it as - that you just get this the 8 FP for all 3 days and you have to divide it up between the days...

You can use them however you want. You can use all on the first day or all on the last day if you'd like. You get all your FP up front when you visit the Welcome Center.

2) My DH said why would not that be each day? at Paris Disneyland your extra FP's are given daily with a package, plus look at the price point....
3) Our neighbors said that you get them for each day... they did the 6 FP and 2 show tickets...

Maybe she meant one show per day?

4) Our other friends said that they are given for each park?

No, the FP are not park specific. If you choose shows, the show passes are obviously specific to the time/show you choose.

Question 2 - Park Hopping ---
1) I read that if you do a 3 day package you can park hop from day 1... Right?

Yes

2) our neighbor said no you can only park hop on only day 3...

This rule applies to Disney-owned hotel guests, but does NOT apply to package guests.

3) her DH said you can't park hop at all

Question 3 - Using your park tickets that come with the package, you can still use them (the paper tickets) at the FP machine to try for other FP's right? as well you can use the paper park tickets for the lottery for the shows still?

Yes. We had no problem securing additional FP at the machines, although we really didn't need them. We tried the show lottery and lost so I can't be certain if it's because we were package guests or if it's because I have the worst luck. However, I'm 99% sure package guests are still eligible for the lottery.

So my Friend is saying... that if you do the package that you can't get fastpasses with your park ticket... which to- I was like what... she was adamant that you only can use the FP with the package, that they block you park ticket.... again another "what" moment? and that they could not use them on the lottery either that they were blocked...? I really not sure why she would think this... she is " 100% sure that she is right"... This just not seem right?

Oh my how my head is spinning with all the opinions, or whatever.... :confused3

Can someone please let me know whats the real deal is..:worship:

Thanks way in advance :thanks: :disrocks: :thumbsup2

Also, we did a 2 night package at the Sheraton. I booked the night before my package was to start online directly through the hotel, and it was for the kids penguin room. When I checked into the hotel I mentioned that I would be checking out the next day and checking back in for my package. The front desk clerk told me there was no need to do so and I could stay in the penguin room for the whole stay - what an upgrade! (Well, for the kids at least lol). I even got my complimentary breakfast tickets early :) She said these split reservations are common and that most guests can accommodated so that they don't have to check in/out and move rooms. Hope that helps ease your mind of trying to do a 3-night stay.

Question: If you get the package with fastpasses can you still make day of fast passes when you are there normally?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!