Park shoe recommendation

amberpi

DIS Veteran
I just happened to go on about a 2 mile walk in some shoes I would probably take to the park, and they are amazing! These sandals are like pillows. People ask for recommendations all the time on park shoes. No one ever posts when they find a great park shoe and these really did it for me, and were also, very reasonably priced:

http://www.zappos.com/p/sam-edelman..._content=nan&nan_pid=1859324073&ad_id=2576501

Ya'll got any new shoes that you're excited about for summer weather?

Well, if I wore those people would look at me funny...LOL, but glad you found something really comfy. I just can't wear sneakers in the park either, my feet get all hot and sweaty. I don't have a link to them because they're old, but I use a guys pair of sandals similar in concept. They have a strap around the heel and a couple over the top and they're wonderful. They're worn out now, so I need a new pair for this summers' trip.

At home, in the summer, I wear typical "slides", never wear sneakers unless I'm going to the gym. Or I go barefoot, which is most of the time. Even when driving, I take my slides off and drive barefoot.

Glad you found something that works for you! Those are super cute and I'd wear them around town, but I wouldn't last until lunch in those at Disney. I need arch support and prefer to have my toes covered to prevent catching them on things and having them stepped on/run over.

I prefer sneakers, although I did cave and wear my Chacos for a day on our recent visit because it was quite warm with a threat of rain on one of our early days (didn't want soggy sneakers at the start of the trip!). I was nervous about the open toe and was glad to swap for sneakers after that.

Well, if I wore those people would look at me funny...LOL, but glad you found something really comfy. I just can't wear sneakers in the park either, my feet get all hot and sweaty. I don't have a link to them because they're old, but I use a guys pair of sandals similar in concept. They have a strap around the heel and a couple over the top and they're wonderful. They're worn out now, so I need a new pair for this summers' trip.

At home, in the summer, I wear typical "slides", never wear sneakers unless I'm going to the gym. Or I go barefoot, which is most of the time. Even when driving, I take my slides off and drive barefoot.

Sneakers always give me blisters, and I have multiple pairs of fancy pants ones I got fit just for either running OR for walking. Blisters EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I totally agree with Goofy! Glad they work for you, and they might be great for others, but they would definitely not cut it for my feet! After a few trips, I've come to realize that what's most important for my feet is variety: I need to bring a few pairs (mix of running shoes and sandals) and alternate if I want to keep my feet happy. Sometimes I'll spend the whole day in sandals, then the next in runners, other days I'll switch shoes during an afternoon break. I too need arch support and structure in both runners and sandals. Last time I took Birkenstocks and Sauconys.

I love my Clarks. Bought a pair of them in a boat shoe that is like walking on a cloud. Love them

I agree with mixing it up. I don't wear the same outfit or pair of shoes all day on vacation and can still pack for a week in a carryon! #toomanyyearsontheroad

I just happened to go on about a 2 mile walk in some shoes I would probably take to the park, and they are amazing! These sandals are like pillows. People ask for recommendations all the time on park shoes. No one ever posts when they find a great park shoe and these really did it for me, and were also, very reasonably priced:

http://www.zappos.com/p/sam-edelman..._content=nan&nan_pid=1859324073&ad_id=2576501

Ya'll got any new shoes that you're excited about for summer weather?

Depends on your feet - these would give me blisters around the thong, and straps, etc, and no protection from the sun. If someone had flat feet, darker skin, etc, these look great if they have good, gripping soles. Remember that some surfaces at WDW get very slippery during the daily rain!

Sketchers has some open back sneakers with memory foam and cute sandals with memory foam, that's what I'll be wearing. I also get blisters from most sneakers mostly in the back of heel so the open back sneakers work perfect and I love how convenient they are to just slide on.

Last edited:
Skechers sport mens flex sneakers with memory foam did wonders for me last trip :) No blisters !

Our family does sneakers, but for blister prevention, we rub body glide all over our feet at the beginning of the day. Works like a charm!!

i wish I could find some comfrotable shoes for a lot of walking when in the parks. My problem is my wide feet. Every time I see a pair I think would work, they never have extra-wide.

I would love to find a nice pair of comfortable sandals. I have some SAS sansals but they get uncomfrtable if ai walk in them a lot.

i wish I could find some comfrotable shoes for a lot of walking when in the parks. My problem is my wide feet. Every time I see a pair I think would work, they never have extra-wide.

I would love to find a nice pair of comfortable sandals. I have some SAS sansals but they get uncomfrtable if ai walk in them a lot.

I have the opposite problem of very narrow feet so things tend to rub a lot, my favorite shoe brands are probably my favorites because they make narrows. It stinks when its hard to just run to the local department store for a cute new pair of shoes:(

I almost always wear wlaking shoes to the parks.
I found the Skechers Go Walk Flash 2 about a year ago and I absolutely love them.
They have yoga mat insoles. I walk about 2.5 miles as many days of the week as I can for exercise and these sneakers handle it well.
I also wore them in Hawaii during a lot of walking and to WDW in September of last year.
I plan on wearing them during my WDW trip later this week into next week as well as on my DL trip in late June.

IF I wear sandals its the ones by Grasshoppers.

The ones you shared are cute and it's awesome that they come in size 10.5 because that is what size I am and most shoes only do half sizes until 9.5 after that it's 10 and then 11.
Unfortunately they just don't look like shoes that I'd find comfortable.
But hey if they work for you then that is great! :)

Teva Sandals....Teva Sandals....Did I mention Teva Sandals? But seriously , I've been wearing them since the mid 90's...Love them! They are great if ur going to get wet too....I wear them while I'm fishing also....none slip bottoms are great for hiking in wet areas

I wish I could wear Teva sandals!
The strap ends up digging into the top of my foot like where your foot meets your leg as I walk.

Depends on your feet - these would give me blisters around the thong, and straps, etc, and no protection from the sun. If someone had flat feet, darker skin, etc, these look great if they have good, gripping soles. Remember that some surfaces at WDW get very slippery during the daily rain!

I have flat feet, like a duck. Definitely do not have dark skin, I'm quite white. If I don't use lotion on my heel, I'll get cracking at the back of my heel, but lotion keeps it doing fine. I spray the top of my feet with sunscreen and it keeps me from frying them...nothing worse than burning the tops of your feet.

Sneakers always give me blisters, and I have multiple pairs of fancy pants ones I got fit just for either running OR for walking. Blisters EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

You're likely in the wrong size. A properly sized walking/running shoe paired with non cotton socks should not cause blisters.

If you have weak feet/ankles/achilles wearing sandals could cause some serious foot pain if you're not used to walking a 10K to half marathon per day in those shoes.

Glad they work for you...find a good park shoe is very important to a good trip.

For anyone who wants to go the sneaker route, I HIGHLY suggest your local specialty running store. Not a box store like Dick's Sporting Goods or Academy. Not only can they examine your stride and gait to recommend the best shoe for your and your purposes but they can suggest the correct size(s) and give you a few options that are for you.

Shoes are like cars. Not all Toyotas are the same (Tundra, Camry, Rav 4) and not all Asics, New Balance are the same. The shoe brand is largely irrelevant and the model shoe is what is important to the individual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts