Park tickets and block out calendar

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
Just noticed in MDE that any tickets you have now have an attached block out calendar below it. Fortunately, the non expiring tickets from a couple of years ago have no block out dates. Hope it stays that way as there are only certain times during the year that we are able to go.

Interestingly, the 2030 expiry date is back up for the non expiring tickets, but the tickets we bought this year that are supposed to expire on Dec 31, 2018 also have a 2030 expiry date listed on them.

Just checked my Disney app and under my tickets it shows the # of days remaining on each ticket and an expiry date 2030. These tickets were purchased in 2016 pre Canadian discount and should only expire 14 days after 1st use. I guess the 2030 date is added because they can't leave the field empty. I don't see any kind of block our calendar anywhere.

Interesting.

Just checked my Disney app and under my tickets it shows the # of days remaining on each ticket and an expiry date 2030. These tickets were purchased in 2016 pre Canadian discount and should only expire 14 days after 1st use. I guess the 2030 date is added because they can't leave the field empty. I don't see any kind of block our calendar anywhere.

Interesting.

The 2030 date used to be there, then disappeared for a while (which made me concerned that the non expiring tickets were now going to have an expiry date), but is now back.

Here is what my MDE looks like.image1.png

I would suggest popping over to the Theme park Board and check out the ticket thread .. but did a search myself and found nothing helpful . SO let's tag someone who *might* be able to shed some light on this
@Robo have you seen this in your travels and do you know what's up? The whole issue some of us are having with the floating expiration date on CDN discounted tickets AND the new blackout day calendar?

Just checked my discounted tickets from last year. Indeed, there is a blockout calendar there now. Scrolled ahead and it's all green up to April 2019. I'm presuming the calendars only cover the next 12 months.

Definitely don't see the block out calendar. Interesting that different people show different things.

I was looking on the app on my phone. My trip is less than 1 month out and we will be using all the tickets I have loaded to MDE so that may be affecting what I can see.

That or I may need to update my App. I know people over on the parks board were complaining about the updated app removing some feature that they liked.

Do your tickets show how many days you have remaining. Mine specifically mentions that. I notice it wasn't in deedub's picture above.

I’m not seeing any block out dates. My AP has how many days remaining, my 10 day non exp only has 2030 date, and newer expiring ticket also has the 2030 exp. date. No blockout calendar on any tickets. There shouldn’t be as these were sold with no block out dates

I guess this new tiered ticketing will make planning more complicated as you won’t be able to buy tickets anymore until you have firm dates, heaven forbid you straddle 2 tiers :sad2:

Since there was no direct answer here, i popped over to the Theme park board and posted on the ticket sticky!

Here's the answer from the ticket guru (not what we want to hear!)

I don't trust any info shown in MDX files regarding tickets.
Some of it is no-doubt true, but there are so many glitchy things in MDX regarding tickets and ticket info,
I don't dare try to determine which is which.

It is sad not to be able to trust what is in your files in these regards, but that's the situation.

I’m not seeing any block out dates. My AP has how many days remaining, my 10 day non exp only has 2030 date, and newer expiring ticket also has the 2030 exp. date. No blockout calendar on any tickets. There shouldn’t be as these were sold with no block out dates

I guess this new tiered ticketing will make planning more complicated as you won’t be able to buy tickets anymore until you have firm dates, heaven forbid you straddle 2 tiers :sad2:

IMy guess is if you straddle two tiers you'll just have to buy tickets for the highest tier. So if your dates span Value and Regular season you'll buy a 5 day regular season pass.

IMy guess is if you straddle two tiers you'll just have to buy tickets for the highest tier. So if your dates span Value and Regular season you'll buy a 5 day regular season pass.
Yes sadly. Which is why I said it will be more difficult to plan and buy tix until you know exact dates. I’m not going to want to arrive 2 days before lower ticket prices and have to pay the higher tier. I tend to buy tix in advance, esp if I know price hike is eminent, even if I don’t know exact dates. Guess Disney is trying to stop this, heaven forbid someone may save a few cents.

Here's the answer from the ticket guru (not what we want to hear!)

I don't trust any info shown in MDX files regarding tickets.
Some of it is no-doubt true, but there are so many glitchy things in MDX regarding tickets and ticket info,
I don't dare try to determine which is which.

It is sad not to be able to trust what is in your files in these regards, but that's the situation.
In my experience MDE has always been glitchy. But they can’t slap on block out dates for tickets that weren’t bought with black outs can they?

In my experience MDE has always been glitchy. But they can’t slap on block out dates for tickets that weren’t bought with black outs can they?
Now bear in mind these are only MY thoughts: NO, i don't *think* they can add something to ticket media already purchased, they *should* essentially be grandfathered in, in the same fashion that if you booked your resort before some arbitrary date they chose you won't need to pay to park, booked after -- huge charge slapped on your bill when you check out!

I did one of those surveys that they send out after you get home after our visit in 2014 that was all about this tiering issue so it has been on their minds for some time now. I think they are trying to use a rolling pin to *try* and even out the crowds during certain time periods. People who book a package won't care (or notice) if they straddle 2 different tiers but people who are buying tickets/APs will think twice about when they enter parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter