park tickets

julie dawn

Earning My Ears
i would like some seasoned wdw visitors to let me know which is the cheapest way to buy park tickets. we intend two days at busch gardens, one at seaworld, mk,and typhoon lagoon. we thought that maybe just buy at the gates? what do you think?:bounce: :Pinkbounc :cool: :eek: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi Julie - and welcome to the UK DIS! :wave:

This is a tricky one - and I hope you get some more answers here later but if it were me, I would try to decide if this was a one off trip or - if there was a likelihood of a return at some time in the future.

I have just had a quick look round for you and if you want to do two days at BG and 1 at SW then check out the Busch Gardens and Sea World 2002 Fun Card. It gives you unlimited use of the two parks until December - with no black out days - and only costs $94.90. The only downside is the offer is available only until May 31st so you would have to decide pretty quick if this is suitable for you. The details can be found here -BG & SW 2002 info -
and you can buy online, and print out a receipt/ticket which you take to the park, insert in a special machine and it gives you your ticket. No queuing :D :D :D

A single ticket to either park is $44.95 - so basically you'll get one day free, and the option to use it time and time again :D

I think I have interpreted the information correctly - but I would make sure you read all the terms and conditions on the site :D

With the Disney tickets - the single price is $44.95 for the parks and $29.95 for the Water parks - unless you intend to go back fairly soon - then a single entry ticket would be the best option - but of course, this would not give you the opportunity to Hop from park to park should you decide you wanted to do this once your there.

Difficult choice - but the BG/SW does seem a great offer at the moment.

HTH
:D

I too was going to buy our tickets for Seaworld at the gate until I went onto their official website and found them selling e-tickets over the net that can be printed off on your printer. You then take these tickets to the turnstiles with a valid passport and they let you in without having to queue.
The advantages were that I got a 10% discount, no waiting to get the tickets and they are also held electronically on their computers. The tickets are immediate ,as you print them off.
Also, it states on the website, that although it is a 1 day ticket you get a complimentary ticket from guest services at the end of the day to return for another visit provided it is within 7 days!!

we've got the seaworld tickets, and for an extra $5 you can go as often as you want until the end of the year- we are planning on popping into Seaworld quite a few times on our next trip because of the fun card - it's an excellent deal.

as for 1 day at MK and 1 at Typhoon Lagoon - unless you are planning on returning in the future, you're probably don't have much choice other than 1 day tickets at the door. if you will be returning, you could get 4 day hopper pluses, which you never expire - so you could use them if you returned in a couple of years. obviously, they are more expensive than a single day pass, but the per day cost would be less.

On another note - are you sure you want to miss all the other disney parks? I think they are all brilliant and i can't imagine going all that way and not visiting them all.

bev

thanks for the info ... found it very useful. we are making a return trip to wdw hence the lack of disney park tickets! thought this time we would do more of orlando. anyway i am sure we will be paying a visit to mickey and all his friends while we are there..... who could resist all that MAGIC?:jester: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter