• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Parkhopper's Pin Party - Thanks and Pictures

Parkhopper

Disney Collector
Well, I have not had a chance to add my post since the end of Parkhopper's First Pin Party. I have to admit that I have been very busy getting ready for the party, hosting the party, and spending the day after the party with great friends who traveled and stayed with us. I offer my thanks to everyone who attended the party and made it the success that it was. At our busiest we actually had 35 people there at one time. Our longest distance traveler award went to Tennisnut who came all the way from Kentucky. Only slightly farther than our guests who came all the way from New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, but then again sometime last year Maryland was annexed to New England when it comes to pin meets. Not bad for a local meet. We certainly had a lot of fun and our planned activities seemed to be enjoyed quite a bit. There was great participation in the LE Pin Bingo and the Mystery Pin trade (people actually got to stand in line for this activity, after all what would a pin event be without a line?). We didn't run out of vouchers and no one had to sleep in their car overnight or miss out on any of the scheduled activities. Thank you also to all of the pin traders at the event who traded with my son Tony both from his lanyard and when he was playing mystery pin trader. It made his day really special and he was so proud of the trades he made which went into his pin book. My apologies for the heat and the air conditioning not working as well as it should have, we should have things better for the July meet. It was wonderful meeting new people and sharing some great times with people we have met before. Suzi and I have always agreed that the pins are great and we have a lot of fun with this hobby, but the best part of it without a doubt are the people we have met and the lifelong wonderful friends we have made along the way.

I have some pictures from the event that I have placed on a webpage: Pin Meet Pictures

This was the first meet and there will be another so if you missed this one make plans to attend the second one. We will do our best to make it a nice time.

Thanks again everyone who came and while it isn't time to start the countdown to the July 22nd meet, we hope that you will mark it on the calendar in hopes that you might be able to attend!

To answer a question... We were wondering which one of us was due first... That is the truth I had just said it...
ppp9.jpg

And it was not 5lbs of "meetballs" .... Was it :confused:

They were GOOD!!!! :D

Great pictures.... and what a great meet...

Thanks for sharing some pictures from your succeessful pin meet - looks like a lot of fun!

Looks like everyone had a GREAT time! Wish I could have been there! Oh well I'll be ther in July. Can't wait!

We all really did eat too much and had so much fun! And Parkhopper, I'm glad you missed getting the picture of me Monday morning when I got into my car and screamed "Ouch!" as I sat down.

It seems one of my traders ("Computer Mickey") had escaped from my lanyard and was hiding pin side up on the driver's side of my car.

"Computer Mickey" has now been reunited with his pin back but has not apologized yet for wounding me! Boy does he have a surprise coming in the form of a LBE!

Thanks again for a great meet!

and looks like a great party...wish it were closer.....by the way how far away is MD from cleveland ohio???

cindy

Pictures are great, but of course I hate mine. I want to apologize to Matt & Lauri. For some reason I did not get to talk to you. I will be sure to see you in WDW.
Thanks again Suzi & Vince.
Peggy Anne:)

Peggy Anne... I was going to say the same thing!! I was coming over to say hi to you and somehow got seriously sidetracked!!
We will definately catch up with each other in August!!!:D :D :D

What a shot!!!!

I was trying SO hard not to laugh directly into the camera (Vince was determined to get a pic of me!) Yes, Nat had JUST said that he looked as if he were due before me!!! It was just TOO funny!

Vince, thank you so much for such a wonderful time. I have to agree with you--the friends are much better than the pins. I didn't do a whole lot of trading, but did a whole lot of talking!

It was so wonderful to see so many familiar faces again, and meet some new ones. Here's hoping that we can plan a Richmond area meet in late August!

Sue Ellen

Man, I really can't believe I missed out on a party that cool! Awesome pictures Vince. I did have a question, that picture of Nat trading pins with the bear. Are you sure that is what he is doing? Looks to me like he is stealing food from him. I am thinking the bear must have had the last meatball. ;)

I was also wondering if Lauri won a prize for dressing up as a giant DIS pin. :) (Why do I get the feeling I am going to get smacked in August?)

Really does look like a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there. When you said Maryland, I thought you said Dairy Land. I grabbed my pin book and headed down to the local farm. Strangely enough, no one had pins there but I did get a great deal on cottage cheese.

Jeff

There is always time Jeff...make plans now for July 22nd and we are going to do it all over again!!

Jeff... why do you think I'm going to wait until August??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm going to call Trina today and get her to do the dirty work for me.

WHY do I put up with him....???

Um, does she have to dress up like a Gothic DIS pin to smack me? We may have to go shopping first if that is the case. :)

Thanks again Vince for giving me a glimpse of what Maryland looks like. Wow, that is a lot different than the Dairy. No wonder everyone was confused.

Jeff

I wish we could have made the pin meet, but we had other plans already. Thanks for the August 22nd date. I have it listed on the calendar so we'll definitely make it there. It will be nice seeing everyone again. So, it going to be in Richmond???

Tina and Bill

Tina, the next meet is July 22 not August 22. Hope we see you there! I will be posting plenty of information about the meet as we get closer to it. Sorry you couldn't make the first one, but the second one will be just as fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter