Parking at Disneyland day of race?

taniahappy

DIS Veteran
Quick question, when not staying in a hotel close enough to walk or if no shuttle is available, where can you park on race day?
Are there any lots available? Toy Story, maybe? Gardenwalk?

Thank you.

Race morning it's free for Mickey & friends if you are there early enough (aka running the race) they don't start charging till the parks start their operating day..

I just looked at both the Star Wars Light Side and the Tinker Bell event guides. Mickey & Friends is the official parking for the events, but the opening time is a bit unclear.

For Tinker Bell, it listed the structure opened at 5am on Sunday with no other specific days/times listed. But I know the 5K started at 5am, so the structure had to be open earlier.

For Star Wars, it just gives directions (because roads are closed), but no opening times. But again, I know people that did 5Ks and 10Ks for both weekends, drove in and got there early - the event guide says to plan to arrive by 4:00am to clear security and do bag check.

So the answer to your question is most probably yes in terms of 4:30am. :rotfl:

But there should be transportation as long as you're in the ART area.

Going from this year's Star Wars....

Complimentary Anaheim Transportation Network shuttles will depart from select 8:20 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. Anaheim area hotels to the Disneyland® Resort Esplanade Shuttle Drop-Off area
every 20 minutes continuously through the weekend (1/14-1/17) during scheduled
Star WarsTM Half Marathon Weekend events.

Shuttle Hours

Friday
3:30 a.m.-12:30 a.m.

Saturday

Sunday

I've yet to figure out a pattern to the parking being free at Disneyland on race days. It's hard for me to really notice too much since I use my AP that comes with parking.

For Tink this year, I handed my pass over during the 10K and got a parking pass that indicated "special event parking" and that it was no charge. But the morning of the half, I got a parking pass like I normally get using my AP and witnessed the people in front of me handing over money.

Both I arrived around the same time (4am/4:15am).

For the Tink last year it was reversed. I saw them charging people parking for the 10K, but not for the half.

Race morning it's free for Mickey & friends if you are there early enough (aka running the race) they don't start charging till the parks start their operating day..

That is definitely not true. My husband has run in four Star Wars races where he had to pay for parking each time. He arrived at 4am every time.

The event guide has always said that regular parking fees will apply on race days, so be prepared to pay. Consider yourself pixie dusted if you aren't charged. pixiedust:

Even the volunteers are required to display a special parking pass to avoid being charged and those shifts start insanely early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter