Parking at OKW before reservation

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I'll be calling MS but I thought I'd ask here first. We are staying at OKW next week. DD and her husband are staying in our GV the first night and then moving to a studio for the rest of the week. They are not on the GV reservation because I was afraid it would mess things up with MDE, etc. Will they be able to park with their rental car on the day we check in to the GV? Will there be a fee? Can they say they are checking in and then we get a parking pass for them when we check in (we are going to the front desk anyway because I want KTTW cards for some of us).
Thanks for any insight!

My experience with parking is that you tell the guard you have a reservation and they look it up and let you in. No parking pass. Once you are assigned a room, your magic band (if you have one) will open the gate and allow you to park. Works for everyone on the reservation. We’ve done GV before with 3 families and 2 cars and never had an issue.

I have been able to go to the gate and be let in at bay lake when I wasn’t on the reservation by giving my parents reservation info. At the time, my son was staying there and I was picking him up to go to a park. They let me in no problem.

First, they no longer have or require parking passes at the DVC resorts. But that's a small point! I would expect if they have the name of the primary on the reservation, they'll be allowed through.

If you get there before them, you can add them as day guests to your reservation. That way, they shouldn’t have any problems at the gate. It shouldn’t be a problem to just add them to your reservation too. I believe most if any problems occur when the lead on both reservations are the same person.

In any case, it just depends on who is at the gate. I’ve had security just ask if we had a reservation and wave us through and another time I had to show ID.

My experience with parking is that you tell the guard you have a reservation and they look it up and let you in. No parking pass. Once you are assigned a room, your magic band (if you have one) will open the gate and allow you to park. Works for everyone on the reservation. We’ve done GV before with 3 families and 2 cars and never had an issue.

I have been able to go to the gate and be let in at bay lake when I wasn’t on the reservation by giving my parents reservation info. At the time, my son was staying there and I was picking him up to go to a park. They let me in no problem.
I think I had to show ID or scan my magic band upon arrival on our last trip to AKV in Nov… we were on the reservation. To be sure I would add one of them as long as you didn’t purchase the dining plan and have capacity it shouldn’t be a big issue with MDE

Disney does allow day guest to visit the resort. So if they say they are visiting you they should allow them in. OKW doesn’t have an automatic gate you can scan with the MB. Have to stop at the guard shack. You could add them to your reservation and just slightly change the name. Like John Doe and John J. Doe. or Jon Doe.

Disney does allow day guest to visit the resort. So if they say they are visiting you they should allow them in. OKW doesn’t have an automatic gate you can scan with the MB. Have to stop at the guard shack. You could add them to your reservation and just slightly change the name. Like John Doe and John J. Doe. or Jon Doe.
I believe the guard asked for our ID when we are visiting, and may write something down.

Last visit, we were at OKW, DS was at SSR and DD was at BWV. We were all able to park at each other’s resorts at some point. When we did it, we just had to give the name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter