Parking.....Avoid it!

I did find out once I FINALLY got into the park after 9am, there was an AP promotion for something called funko pop (????). There were huge lines near GOTG so they could go into the store and buy some gold looking doll. The things people collect smh. Plus there was a huge line at some popcorn vendor to get a new bucket, I guess.

It may have been that all the local APers rushed the park Saturday to get the new merch, and it may have created the parking log jam. Maybe. Either way, I'll never do that again.

Funko Pop are figurines. On Saturday the park had a whole bunch of people coming in just for the merchandise and souvenirs.
From what I heard about Saturday:
  • They released a Disney Park exclusive Funko Pop figure.
  • They restocked the Rose Gold Minnie Ears.
  • People are still going crazy over the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket.
  • I believe it was the last Saturday possible for CMs to bring in family and friends before they were blocked out for weekends.
  • And that Saturday is the day after an MHP so people who avoided going on Friday most likely came on Saturday.

Funko Pop are figurines. On Saturday the park had a whole bunch of people coming in just for the merchandise and souvenirs.
From what I heard about Saturday:
  • They released a Disney Park exclusive Funko Pop figure.
  • They restocked the Rose Gold Minnie Ears.
  • People are still going crazy over the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket.
  • I believe it was the last Saturday possible for CMs to bring in family and friends before they were blocked out for weekends.
  • And that Saturday is the day after an MHP so people who avoided going on Friday most likely came on Saturday.
Sounds like the perfect storm......

so people who avoided going on Friday most likely came on Saturday.

It didn't seem like many people were avoiding CA Friday night. It was as busy as I've ever seen it - lots of shoulder to shoulder traffic jams and very hard to get anywhere.

Presumably many local AP holders who are blocked on Sat settle for Friday night and the party compresses them in CA.

It didn't seem like many people were avoiding CA Friday night. It was as busy as I've ever seen it - lots of shoulder to shoulder traffic jams and very hard to get anywhere.

Presumably many local AP holders who are blocked on Sat settle for Friday night and the party compresses them in CA.
Well, yeah, AP holders or not, when one park is closed, the other park is going to be CRAZY!

That's why a lot of people (tourists and locals alike) avoid party days, making the non-party days busier overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter