Parking for halloween party

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
I'm curious how soon Mickey and Friends parking lot fills up on a party day?

I normally stay at a hotel within walking distance so trying to figure out how I should get to the park.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Last year I arrived for a Friday night party around 3:15 pm. We had no trouble finding a spot in Mickey and Friends, but we parked further back. I don't think it filled up.

Last year I arrived for a Friday night party around 3:15 pm. We had no trouble finding a spot in Mickey and Friends, but we parked further back. I don't think it filled up.
Thanks- I think I’d prefer parking in Mickey & Friends instead of Toy Sory.

Keep an eye on the DLtoday Twitter feed. If M&F closes, there will be a tweet. If that happens, can you use Uber/Lyft to drop you off at the parks? We use M&F every year for MHP and haven't yet seen the structure fill up for the party. We usually arrive between 3-6 pm, and M&F has always been open when we've arrived.

Keep an eye on the DLtoday Twitter feed. If M&F closes, there will be a tweet. If that happens, can you use Uber/Lyft to drop you off at the parks? We use M&F every year for MHP and haven't yet seen the structure fill up for the party. We usually arrive between 3-6 pm, and M&F has always been open when we've arrived.
Thanks - If Mickey and Friend lot closes I have options - I can walk to the Toy Story lot from my Hotel or take Uber. The last time I took a Disney tram was when there was parking lot instead of DCA. So thought it would be fun to park in the garage and take the tram in.

I'm staying at the Courtyard Convention center. I think it's just 1 long block from Toy story lot.

If I'm looking at the correct hotel, that's not even a long block. It's right across the street. And is a hotel I would consider walking distance from the parks (but I'm also able bodied so my perception is tainted by that; I know it's not walking distance for everyone).

You'll spend more time driving to M&F, parking, and waiting for a tram than you would taking the TS buses or even just walking. In fact walking can be faster than even the TS buses some days. If the distance walking is an issue, I would highly recommend just taking the buses. You'll save yourself a lot of time and headache.

Oh yeah! Take the bus! We have a double stroller that’s a pain to break down. We just walk from Homewood suites. 20 min.

Definitely keep an eye on the DLtoday twitter feed on your party date! Today is the first time since we've been attending MHP that I've ever seen M&F close on a party day. The structure closed for a few hours once the early entry hours started and reopened a few hours later. Maybe it was because this was the first party of the season, but I hope this isn't going to be a pattern for the rest of the parties.

Definitely keep an eye on the DLtoday twitter feed on your party date! Today is the first time since we've been attending MHP that I've ever seen M&F close on a party day. The structure closed for a few hours once the early entry hours started and reopened a few hours later. Maybe it was because this was the first party of the season, but I hope this isn't going to be a pattern for the rest of the parties.
Thanks - I'm trying to train myself to look at twitter. That's an app I don't look at very often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter