Parking for Resort Dinner?

goNsoon2WDW

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if we will have to pay MK parking to have dinner at the Polynesian? We are not staying on property and will not be going to the parks, so I don't know if we will be required to pay to pass the gate or how that works. Anyone know?

Good Afternoon GoNsoon2WDW!

No, if you have dinner reservations at the Polynesian you will NOT have to pay the parking fee to get past the main Magic Kingdom entrance. Just when you get to the entrance try to hit the right most toll booth ... NOT THE BUS LANE ... but the right most booth and tell them you have reservations and they will waive you on!

Then when you get to the Polynesian the guard will ask your name and direct you to self-parking for the hotel or valet which is, I think, a $10 fee.

May I ask which restaurant you have reservations for at Polynesian ... or which you were thinking of??? ;)

Hope it helps! Any other questions feel free to ask! LOVE HELPING fellow Disney-ites!

Have A Magical Day!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

P.S. - To anyone reading this and planning on saying that you have reservations just to get past the toll booths ... BE AWARE, if you park in the Magic Kingdom parking lot w/o a tag you WILL be fined or towed or both! Seen it happen MANY times over the past years!:headache:

Thanks for the info. We are thinking of eating at O'hana for breakfast. We have heard really great things at about it - food and characters. :)

My family and I have done O'hana's for both breakfast and dinner.

We absolutely LOVE the O'hana dinner but were not thrilled with the breakfast. But my family seems to be in a small minority as everyone else raves about the breakfast.

Hope your vacation is a magical one!!!

Have A Magical Day!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Hi Frank -We have heard such great things about O'hana's breakfast. Was the food not good? My family loves breakfast. We have also heard good things about breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Was that a better choice in your opinion? Is there a different place you would suggest? If so, let me know. We haven't made our reservations yet and are still open to suggestions.

Hey again GoNsoon2WDW!

I am SO SORRY I took so long to get back to you on this one!:headache: :guilty:

Honesty, we didn't care for the service and what food was served. The service was in-excusably slow but you could just chalk that up to a bad experience. The food was okay but wouldn't make my top 5 breakfasts. The whole O'hana breakfast was really disappointing considering the fact that we LOVE the dinner there so much ... BUT, like I said before, my family and I are in a small minority on this.

Did breakfast at the Grand Floridian and it was nice ... no complaints on that one! However, if you want my 2 personal favs for breakfast here they are:

1. Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom - Very nice breakfast buffet featuring the Winnie the Pooh characters. Has a chef making custom pancakes and omelets in the center of the buffet. The only con is that it's very crowed ... you know how sometimes you go to a place and there are a lot of people but it doesn't seem that way ... well at the Crystal Palace there are a lot of people and it feels that way.

and

2. Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club (Yacht & Beach Club Resort) - :goodvibes This is my personal fav!!!:goodvibes The place is very bright and cheerful and the tablecloth is a giant peice of paper that the kiddies can draw on with crayons ... hell, the kiddies ... I draw on it when we're there! ;) There is a very nice layout on the buffet and since it is at a hotel the crowds are smaller than places that are right in one of the parks. This buffet features Chip & Dale, Goofy, Mickey, and Minnie! Cape May Cafe is MUCH quieter and more relaxing than Crystal Palace, however, there is no custom Omelet & Pancake deal here but other than that I don't see any cons in it!

I hope this helps you with your decision! But make sure it's YOUR decision ... don't let me ram-rod you into something ... besides just because I don't like something doesn't mean you won't like it either.

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING ... PLEASE do NOT hesitate to ask!

Have A Magical Day!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Hi Frank -
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate your input. It sounds like you guys have had the opportunity to sample lots of the different restaurants.

I have talked to another person in our neighborhood that was not all that impressed with the O'hana breakfast. She indicated that her family felt very rushed and that there were other places that had better food and better service. She recommend 1900 Park Fare. She thought this was a bit more relaxed and said the food was excellent. It would be nice if Mickey were there though. Nothing against Mary Poppins and Alice, but my boys (and I) prefer Mickey and his friends.

The Crystal Palace would be great (it is my son's favorite) the only problem is that we are not entering the parks. The guys who made the pancakes for him last time was fabulous. He was very personable and chatted quite a bit with my son while making his Mickey shaped pancakes with chocolate chip eyes.

I haven't heard about Cape May Cafe. I am glad you mentioned it because, it may be our best bet. It sounds like a great way to start off our day - quiet with fewer people. I love the idea of being able to draw on the tablecloth. If Cape May Cafe has Mickey and friends that will really make their morning. I plan to look into it more.

Thanks for your input, Frank. It is nice to have opinions from other people who have actually been to the places before making a decision. We aren't able to make reservations as of yet, so I still have some time to figure it out for sure.

Thanks again.

You're quite welcome GoNsoon2WDW!:hug:

It is such a pleasure to come here and share the Disney knowledge I've gained over the past years with others! This April marks our 20th trip to Disney and we are thrilled ... it's also why we have had the opportunity to try so many different things ... on and off Disney!:cheer2:

If you do decide to give Cape May Cafe a whirl I think you will be pleasantly surprised! While it is in every Disney book Cape May Cafe seems to be a little more ... I don't know what the right word would be ... secretive, obscure ... not sure ... it just doesn't get the shouts that 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, and others get.

Now, when my family ate there last Mickey was present ... however, in the book I'm looking in he isn't listed as a character so it may be wise to look into that if the Mickster is a requirement. BC Phone # is 1-407-934-8000 :surfweb:

Also, some people will recommend Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. BE WARNED ... Chef Mickey's is a very nice buffet but it is ALWAYS LOUD; loud is almost a theme there! Chef Mickey's is also ALWAYS CROWDED ... think about it ... you can see Mickey and the Monorail while you eat plus after you're done you just hop the Mono to the Kingdom. So like I said earlier ... BEWARE!:headache: :scared:

Any other ???s you know where to find me! ;) Hope it all helps!

Have A Magical Day!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Hi Frank -
Thanks again for all of the info. I hope you have a great time in April. My family has only been to Disney a few times and I hope to some day be planning my 20th visit. :)

I did talk to a couple of friends who have been to Disney recently. Interesting enough, no one we know has eaten there. I have looked up some more info on Cape May Cafe and it looks really nice. I think we are going to give it a try. My family loves a good breakfast and with more of the classic Disney characters planned to be there (even if the big mouse isn't one of them) would be a great thing for my boys. The relaxing start to the day will be good for my husband and me.

Thanks so much for your help. You have been really kind to provide such great details. Now all I have to do is be patient until I can make the reservation.

Thanks again!

We love Cape May also usally not very crowded. The characters spend more time with each family. All the times we been there Mickey has not been one of the characters. Much more quiet than Chef Mickeys I would highly recommend it and a short walk to EPCOT or boat ride or walk to MGM.

We also had a dinner at the Polynesian during our last trip and yes it's nothing to worry. You haven't pay anything, just tell them that you have a reservation then they will allow you. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter