parking garage with roof top carrier?

mamabearof4

Earning My Ears
we have a minivan that we put a roof top carrier on to fit all our stuff :rolleyes1 but it just dawned on me....will we fit into the parking garage? :eek: and if not what would our options be? are there outside lots? (it's not realistic to be able to take it off once we get to Florida)

There is special parking with height restrictions.

I should of taken a picture of it,I keep forgetting.But the height limit is 7'8 in the reguler garage.You should be just fine!!

^I'm pretty sure it's higher than that, cause I've definitely seen campers roll on in there. There's probably a specific level with a higher ceiling.

The clearance is 8'2". If you vehicle is taller than that, you will be directed to an alternate parking entrance.

The clearance is 8'2". If you vehicle is taller than that, you will be directed to an alternate parking entrance.

thanks for the info...will have to measure how tall we are with the carrier on. I'm afraid to ask....how much further a walk is the alternate parking entrance?...or maybe it's closer to the gates and we want to make sure we don't fit in the garage..... :idea:

thanks for the info...will have to measure how tall we are with the carrier on. I'm afraid to ask....how much further a walk is the alternate parking entrance?...or maybe it's closer to the gates and we want to make sure we don't fit in the garage..... :idea:

When we took the RV there, we were directed to a lot on the other side of the parking garage from where the covered walkway to the parks is. So, pretty much the furthest place possible. Not too bad of a walk especially compared to the walk from the garage to the park entrances, but it is out there. Might want to consider using the valet.

If you really are close to the max height, you might want to park top floor if possible. Reminds me of when we used a conversion van to move my cousin into a high-rise on South Beach. Barely fit going in, unloaded the van, and found that the roof rack was solidly against the concrete ceiling. Had to move about half of her stuff back into the van to free it.

You probably won't be that tall. Most car carriers don't reach that high.

that's a relief, I was planning on using a carrier this time and only just realized I had no idea what the clearance was. I think I'm good since my sportage is 64" tall and the carrier is 20" that's just at 7 ft. Even though I don't quite fit in my own garage...:duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!