Parking in Galveston for Liberty Dec 3

Crusader10hky

Mouseketeer
DW, DD2, DD7, and I are driving down to Galveston for the December 3rd cruise on Liberty and I'm curious about parking. I've driven to New Orleans several times and there are a few garages with shuttles, but I've only flown to Galveston before.

Does anyone have a good recommendation? Ideally some place that is close enough to just walk out of customs and not need to catch a shuttle.

bMDFHA2
bMDFHA2.jpg

A bit of Google Map spying leads me to want to choose Cruisepark or GalvestonParkNCruise as they are the closest to the port. Google estimates a 4 minute walk, but I'd like to see Google cross the train tracks with 2 children and luggage...

Both of those have some pretty good sounding testimonials on google reviews. I would still welcome some real world input if anyone has used these services.

After looking at a bunch of options, I decided to just reserve a spot at Cruise Park. It turns out that they only allow pedestrian traffic to cross Harborside Dr. at 25th St. This obviously makes Galveston ParknCruise the closest option by foot (their next door neighbor GalvestonVIPcruiseparking.com is closer but is sold out for my week), but the price difference after tax and a 'service fee' was more than $20. I'll walk less than a ships' length extra down New Strand St. to save $20. Besides, I decided that it would be a better option to drop the wife, kids, and luggage off and get a good morning jog in, and Cruise Park is the first thing you see as you exit the terminal drive.

I'll earn a dime for every step I take between the two lots :teacher:

After looking at a bunch of options, I decided to just reserve a spot at Cruise Park. It turns out that they only allow pedestrian traffic to cross Harborside Dr. at 25th St. This obviously makes Galveston ParknCruise the closest option by foot (their next door neighbor GalvestonVIPcruiseparking.com is closer but is sold out for my week), but the price difference after tax and a 'service fee' was more than $20. I'll walk less than a ships' length extra down New Strand St. to save $20. Besides, I decided that it would be a better option to drop the wife, kids, and luggage off and get a good morning jog in, and Cruise Park is the first thing you see as you exit the terminal drive.

I'll earn a dime for every step I take between the two lots :teacher:

I'm leaning the same way. Seemed like the best choice for us as well.

If you haven't made hotel reservations stay at The Tremont House or Hotel Galvez. They have a free shuttle from their sister property Hotel Galvez.

This is how it works. You stay the night at The Tremont House and pay for valet parking at The Tremont House for like $17. You tell them you would like the free shuttle service to the port. They ask you what time would you like to go to the port. The next morning you drive to the sister property on the Seawall, Hotel Galvez. You use your valet parking ticket and tell the valet guys you're there for the free shuttle to the port. They check a list and verify your departure time. They park your car in their parking garage. They drop you off at the port. When you return call them and let them know and they come and pick you up.

There's a little waiting so if you're patient and want to save $70+ on parking, it's a great option.

I would consider this if we were staying a night in Galveston. I'm leaving Missouri at 8PM the night before the cruise and driving 13 hours straight to the port. The lot I reserved ended up being $54 after tax. That hotel looks comfy for sure, but the Galvez room alone would be almost $300 and the Tremont has no availability on DEC2. However, that looks like an awesome option for future trips, thanks for the tip!

IIRC that is also Dickens Week.. there most likely wouldn't be a hotel available anyway. we always used Lighthouse Parking.. two options, covered and uncovered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter