parking question

Wenda

Mouseketeer
OK, here is another question.

I recently read that valet parking at deluxe Disney resorts is free if you have a handicap placard.

Do any of you know if this is true and how it works? Is it really free and you just give a tip?

Yes. It is true. As long as you have either a handicap plate or hang tag they do not charge the $6.00 per day valet parking charge.

Everyone staying at any Disney resort will get an ID pass for their car, which allows free parking at the parks as well as speeds access into the resort.

As far as tipping. It says right on the valet ticket that the valets do not get any of this fee. Judy and I have known several of the valets at the Contemmporary (as we went there so often) and they told us their income went down considerably when the fee went into effect.

Normally I will tip either $1 or $2 both on arrival and when picking up the car if I am NOT using my ECV. If I have the ECV with me, and will be using it or taking it into the resort, and the valet assists with removing from the trunk and assembling it (or disassembling and putting it in the trunk) I will tip $5. If I have the ECV with me and there is no assistance (I have to do all the work), not only is there no tip but I will also have a discussion with the supervisor.

Thanks so much. This will help my Dsis and me a lot. I do not have my own ECV so the parking lots can be a real challange even with the Handicap placard.

AKL here I come:Pinkbounc

Actually, this seems to be standard policy at most hotels, not just Disney (valet parking is free if you have a handicapped permit). We just found this out on our recent trip to Hawaii. When we parked at the Marriott in Maui the valet guy asked if I had a handicapped permit. When I told him I did, he told us the valet parking was free. We also found this to be the case at the Hiltons we stayed at while on our Hawaiian vacation. Nice, since valet parking is about $18 per day in Hawaii. I really think it depends on the hotel, but I plan to ask from now on. In the past, my dh would drop me off at the door and self-park, then pick me up. However, that isn't always feasiable. Some hotel entrances don't allow private vehicles to pull up to the door, that's reserved for buses, taxis, ets. In that case, I'd have to walk all the way to self park, regardless of who was driving. Its a nice little benefit, couldn't hurt to ask. BTW, I also got free valet parking at WDW with my permit.

Well it certainly isn't the policy with the Adams Mark hotel in Jacksonville. Full price for parking and they keep your key at the desk so if you need something from the car you have to go and request the key from them and wait until they have a chance to get it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter