Party of 13 in the Most Magical Place on Earth a March 2018 trip Update: 7/23/2018

41609236372_afea37434f_z.jpg
I love how she isn't letting go of Minnie. Minnie is hers to keep!

After our snack, I got a Tiger Lily Sangria in Mexico to share with Peter. It was delicious and strong!

I haven't tried that. Is it from the counter service restaurant?

Peter also bought a topper you put on a bottle of beer that turns it into a stein.
What in the world does that look like? I can't even image it.

I would like to know where that Tiger Lily Sangria is and also is the Fruisi only during festivals? I didn't see it at the Arts Festival in Feb. I want to try so bad!!!

Love your Character Spot photos and an adult only EPCOT night sounds wonderful! I can't wait to read about it!!

Thank you! It really was fun and much needed in the middle of a non stop week of Disney.

Wait, what is this??? Was this for the festival or is this there all the time, because I have never heard of it and I love Sangria! I must try it......

It was at the festival stand just to the right of the Mexico QS. It was so good.

I haven't tried that. Is it from the counter service restaurant?

It was at the flower and garden festival stand to the right of the Mexico QS.

What in the world does that look like? I can't even image it.

I will take a picture of it tonight and add it in.

I would like to know where that Tiger Lily Sangria is and also is the Fruisi only during festivals? I didn't see it at the Arts Festival in Feb. I want to try so bad!!!

Fruishi is in Japan and only during flower and garden, I think. I'm not sure if it's there during food and wine. The Tiger Lily sangria was at the festival kiosk in Mexico.

Well, that explains it! I am hoping to go next year during Flower and Garden. Maybe they will still have it next year.

They have had it the last few years, so I hope they still have it next year.

Thanks!!! Totally didn't picture that. But I love it! I will have to try and remember to look for those next time.

We thought they were neat, and a cheap alternative to buying a stein.

Epcot Day 2 3/21/2018
Adults only time in Epcot!
My parents got home from their golfing trip, so Brett, Haley, Peter, and I loaded into our mini van and drove back to Epcot. We left the condo at 6:30. We knew we wouldn't get much time at Epcot, but we were going to make the best of what we had. ::yes::

29570704_10100924114250060_5006100975290007895_n by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

First order of business, I needed to exchange my Figment shirt for a bigger size. The CM had told me to size up, but I needed to size up 2 sizes. Haley had not brought a jacket, so she headed to Mouesgear to buy a sweatshirt. We had plans to meet up at Pineapple Promenade for drinks.

29497695_10100924114289980_3346843846340220473_n by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6705 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

Haley and I got Dole Whips with rum. They were so good! I could've had another.

IMG_6706 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

Peter and Brett got the pineapple flight of beer. They were not impressed with these.

We headed toward France for dessert. We stopped on our way for some PP pics.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_410274094158 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

We then went to France to the Patisserie. Peter and I got the Mousse au chocolat. It was really good. It was pretty rich. I'm glad we got one to share. Haley got macaroons, and Brett got a baguette. We stopped at a table to eat our goodies.

IMG_6711 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6712 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

Haley and I got Grand Marnier orange slushes as we walked on around the world showcase. We both really enjoy these drinks.

IMG_6713 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_410274668807 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr
We stopped in Morocco for PP pics. Then kept going toward Germany.

We had to make a stop in Japan, so Haley could try Fruishi. I of course had to get more. I couldn't wait to eat the first one to take a pic. :rotfl2:

IMG_6714 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

We decided to go in and shop in Japan. We ended up buying a sushi roller, kid chopsticks, and some more candy. We all decided we needed a sushi night once we got back home. That hasn't happened yet, but this summer we will be making
fruishi. We all wanted to make it Germany before illuminations, so we kept going.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_410275714510 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

Brett wanted to get a stein topper like we had purchased earlier. Peter wanted to get a beer from Germany. Side note: The last time we went to Disney we started a collection of the souvenir steins from each country. We noticed this time that none of the countries sold souvenir cups except Germany. It was considerably smaller than the old cups. The CMs in Germany told me they had to start selling smaller beer portions in Epcot. I guess to cut down on drunk people or at least they have to spend more to get drunk. :drinking1We were just sad we couldn't add to our collection.

29570277_10100924114414730_5605420188459597740_n by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

We made it to China for a snack. Spring rolls from the flower and garden kiosk and potstickers from the QS restaurant. These were both very good.

IMG_6715 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

Haley and Brett headed to Mexico for some nachos. I got a Fiesta Margarita at the Choza de Margarita in the Mexico pavilion. This was a combination of 3 flavors, strawberry, classic lime, and passion mango. Every few years I think I'm going to like a margarita, then I get one and never like it. This was the same story lol. I thought this drink was disgusting. Peter thought it was good.

IMG_6717 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

Then, we all found a spot to watch Illuminations between Mexico and Norway. I had never experienced Illuminations. It was not my favorite night time show at Disney. I'm glad we did not try to keep the kids out late to watch. I really don't think they would have enjoyed it. It was really underwhelming.

After Illuminations, we went over to Norway to sit and wait for the crowds to clear out. We just relaxed and talked. It was nice to just hang out and not be rushing to get somewhere. We eventually headed to the front entrance. We stopped for a PP pic.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_410277565196 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

We saw that Mousegear was still open, so we stopped to shop. We made some ridiculous purchases...like a Figment lawn statue. :lmao:I tried to convince Peter to buy me a Dooney and Bourke. My sales pitch didn't quite work. :rotfl:I'm sure we bought something else. Maybe a Mickey head bottle opener? I know we bought that at some point on this day. Brett and Haley bought their kids sweatshirts. The weather was going to be colder the next few days.

We had a nice chat with the CMs who were working in Mousegear. They told us they have to stay open until the last guest is done shopping. We laughed and said they probably want everyone out so they could get home. They were very kind and said that they didn't mind staying later.

We didn't leave the park until 10:30. We stopped for some photos on our way out.

IMG_6719 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6720 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_410278760954 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

Haley and I got Dole Whips with rum. They were so good! I could've had another.

Hmmmm. So, do they mix the rum into the actual dole whip? Over in Animal Kingdom they just kind of poor it on top. I feel like I would like this better.

Sounds like a nice adults only evening!

Fun adult evening!! :drinking1

The rum Dole Whip sounds good. Where is Pineapple Promenade?

The orange slushie sounds good as well. ::yes::

Hmmmm. So, do they mix the rum into the actual dole whip? Over in Animal Kingdom they just kind of poor it on top. I feel like I would like this better.

Sounds like a nice adults only evening!

You know, I can't really remember if it was mixed or dumped on top. They did have two machines. One for alcoholic dole whips and ones with no alcohol, so maybe it was mixed in. It was a great evening and a good way to recharge mid week.

The Grand Marnier slushes look delicious. I get it was nice to have an adult evening :goodvibes

They are so good! It was a great evening!

That looks awesome, I'll have to try one in December!

It was delicious!

Fun adult evening!! :drinking1

The rum Dole Whip sounds good. Where is Pineapple Promenade?

The orange slushie sounds good as well. ::yes::

Pineapple promenade is right when you are walking into WS toward Canada. It's a flower and garden booth.

The Dole Whip with rum looks so good.

At least you tried with the Dooney and Burke!

It was really good. I highly recommend! I don't give up that easily on the Dooney :rotfl:

Hooray for an adults only evening in Epcot! Sounds like it was a lot of fun; you guys seemed to have made the most of it. The Pineapple with rum dole whip is one of my favorite adult treats at Disney!
That beer topper that turns bottles into steins....I've never seen that before but it's genius!

Magic Kingdom Day 2 Pt 1
3/22/2018

Everyone in our party of 13 was heading to Magic Kingdom today! Our family of 6 was a little slow getting up and around on this day. We found out how much longer it takes to get through parking, bag check, monorail, and through the gates when you aren't at a park pre opening. The one good thing about going later, the monorail was going, so the kids got to ride for the first time this trip. We left the condo at 8:30 and it took us an hour to get to Starbucks on Main Street. Earlier in the week this same trip had taken about 30 minutes. Bag check lines are no joke closer to park opening. At 9:30, I was in line to get Peter's Starbucks.

GOPR0294 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

GOPR0295 2 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr
First monorail ride of the trip!

After Starbucks, we decided to head to Pirates. It had been closed for refurb on our first day in MK. The posted wait time was 20 minutes. The wait ended up being closer to 40 minutes. The kids were pretty grumbly. This was the longest line we waited in all week. The kids all enjoyed the ride and asked to do it again. We had a fp for Splash that morning. It was really chilly on this day, and I knew at our scheduled fp time it would only be around 50 degrees. I hopped on the app and switched our splash fp to pirates. After pirates, we headed to our first fp of the day, Haunted Mansion.

IMG_6724 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr
I picked up some hitch hiking ghosts!

Annabelle and Ronan enjoyed this ride a lot more the second time. They both declared it was one of their favorites. After HM, we went into the shop where the CM taught them. a new game, "Do you have any stickers?" He gave each kid and box and stickers, and then told them which other CMs to ask around the park. They really got into this game and filled their boxes.

IMG_6728 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

We then headed to our Pirates FP. Again, we enjoyed our ride.

You can barely see us on our ride photo, and only one of our ride photos showed up.

The kids wanted to try the orange ice cream this time instead of the Dole Whip, so we stopped and got an orange swirl ice cream to share. We then headed toward the hub to get to our next FP. We stopped and watched the castle show and eat our ice cream.

IMG_6734 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr
Stopped to enjoy our ice cream!

After the castle show, we headed to Buzz Space Ranger Spin to use our next FP. None of us got a very good score, but we all had fun!

IMG_6735 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8205769892 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8205768524 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8205767083 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

We had a lunch reservation for Be Our Guest, so we headed in that direction. We checked in and went in and ordered. I really made this reservation just so we could go in the castle and eat the grey stuff. The kids didn't want anything on the menu except French fries. I ordered them a couple of orders of fries to share, 4 cupcakes (2 master's cupcakes and 2 triple chocolate cupcakes) to share, and Peter and I ordered the Braised Pork to share. We sat in the Ballroom. On our last trip, we ate dinner here and sat in the library. I enjoyed sitting in the ballroom. We took time after our meal to look around in each room. All of our food was really good. I guess you can't go wrong with French fries and cupcakes.:cool1:

IMG_6743 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6753 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6754 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6756 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6759 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6765 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

We headed out of the castle and were trying to decided if we should head back and to the condo and take a break or keep going. We headed to Castle Couture so Annabelle could get pixie dust in her hair. She also got photos taken in the room where the girls go after Bippity Boppity Boutique. The PPP was very nice. I know some people say you have to have gone to BBB to get the pics. No one every asked and it was obvious she had not had a makeover. She had crazy park hair. :laughing:

IMG_6783 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6784 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_410290908704 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_410290908709 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_410290908711 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

The boys wanted to try their hand at the sword and the stone. They each gave it a try. None of them got it out.
IMG_6777 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6772 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

IMG_6771 by Katie Remsberg, on Flickr

After our tries with the sword, we decided to head out for a rest. We took the monorail back to our car and drove back to the condo. We got to the condo around 2:30.

Up next more Magic Kingdom...best night ever!

I've spent the last hour or so binge reading your TR!!! Tell me more about getting pixie dust in your hair. We're not doing BBB for our 5 yr old when we go but this sounds like fun!

I've spent the last hour or so binge reading your TR!!! Tell me more about getting pixie dust in your hair. We're not doing BBB for our 5 yr old when we go but this sounds like fun!

Thanks for reading along! The pixie dust is at Castle Couture. It's a store on the backside of the castle. You just ask a CM in there. They say a cute little poem and sprinkle you with pixie dust. Then, the photo studio is in that store too. We got a ton of pics of Annabelle. I only posted a few :)

It was really chilly on this day, and I knew at our scheduled fp time it would only be around 50 degrees. I hopped on the app and switched our splash fp to pirates.
This is what I love about the new fast pass system.

Great photo! And so nice of them. I meant there is no reason not to unless there is a line of BBBB girls waiting to get there photos taken.

Glad you were able to swap your Splash FPs for Pirates after everyone said they wanted to ride again.

Collecting all the different types of Disney stickers is a fun little activity for the kids. My children have stumbled upon a couple really cute ones over the years.

French fries and cupcakes...I'm sure your kids loved that lunch! Disney is great for those kind of sweet indulgences. :goodvibes

That's great that the CMs let your DD get photos in the portrait area. You ended up with some wonderful pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter