Party of 4 (2 adults, two 17 year olds)

pannm

Mouseketeer
We have two reservations with APH currently, One for Sapphire and one for Royal Pacific (we may be canceling Sapphire, even though we LOVE staying there!!!! We like express passes a bit more!). We are traveling with 2 adults and 2 teens (Both 17). Is it 18 and older to be considered an adult at these properties? And do they ever check? I want to make sure I have them with me at check in to show their I.D./Drivers licenses in that case because we have proof- I just need to know how to prepare and check in. They'd love to just be at the parks and stay there and have my husband and I go check in to the room when we can- At check in, do they get their own key cards? Does everyone need to be present at time of check in? Or, can my husband and I do it and the rest of them stay at the park? And do they say "child" on the key card, or are they all the same? Not that it really matters...I'm just curious.

My daughter is always with us at check-in but she was never asked for her id when she was an older teen.
She didn’t even take her id on vacation until she turned 18.

You want to check into the hotel before going to the park if you keep the Royal Pacific reservation. The room key is your express pass. Everyone on the reservation, get their own room key. I don’t think kids would have to show ID. I would just have one of the adults get in check in line and pick up keys and then hit the park. It’s a short walk to IoA from RPR or you can take the boat to city walk if you are going to studios.

We have two reservations with APH currently, One for Sapphire and one for Royal Pacific (we may be canceling Sapphire, even though we LOVE staying there!!!! We like express passes a bit more!). We are traveling with 2 adults and 2 teens (Both 17). Is it 18 and older to be considered an adult at these properties? And do they ever check? I want to make sure I have them with me at check in to show their I.D./Drivers licenses in that case because we have proof- I just need to know how to prepare and check in. They'd love to just be at the parks and stay there and have my husband and I go check in to the room when we can- At check in, do they get their own key cards? Does everyone need to be present at time of check in? Or, can my husband and I do it and the rest of them stay at the park? And do they say "child" on the key card, or are they all the same? Not that it really matters...I'm just curious.

No, everyone registered in the room doesn’t need to be present at check in, the room keys that are your EP just have the name and length of stay printed on them.

They‘re 17, so still considered children for your stay.

Hope you all have a blast on your trip, I hear you on Sapphire, although we adore RPR, Sapphire is an amazing hotel!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter