Party of 7 with 3 needing DAS

tinkerbell423

Mouseketeer
OK this may get long sorry:
My children went to Disney last year with their father and two of them had DAS passes. This will be my first time going with them using the DAS pass but I have been several times with the Guest Assistance passes. We will be traveling with my boyfriend and his two children, one of them will also use a DAS pass. (his son has many of the same sensory issues as my children plus mobility issues) So here is my question: From my research and reading on here it is my understanding that our group gets a DAS added to each of the three children's bands. If our group splits up (I'm thinking this will happen most afternoons when my BF's son needs a break from walking) we just tell them at the ride which of us will be riding when we make the DAS reservation? Is this correct? My kids are insisting the all had to stay together last year, but I know their understanding is not always spot on.

Everyone in your party can be added to all the DAS holders. When you request a return time, they will ask who in the party will be riding with the DAS holder. Since you have multiple DAS holders, having 7 shouldn't be a problem. Upon return, the DAS holder with the return time MUST scan their band first, followed by whoever was listed when the return time was requested.

There should be no problem breaking up the party. The only issue will be if the party isn't linked correctly at Guest Services, which happens. You'll find that out the first time though and can have them re-linked if necessary. Have a great time!

My children went to Disney last year with their father and two of them had DAS passes. This will be my first time going with them using the DAS pass but I have been several times with the Guest Assistance passes. We will be traveling with my boyfriend and his two children, one of them will also use a DAS pass. (his son has many of the same sensory issues as my children plus mobility issues) So here is my question: From my research and reading on here it is my understanding that our group gets a DAS added to each of the three children's bands. If our group splits up (I'm thinking this will happen most afternoons when my BF's son needs a break from walking) we just tell them at the ride which of us will be riding when we make the DAS reservation? Is this correct? My kids are insisting the all had to stay together last year, but I know their understanding is not always spot on.

Might they have had to stay together because they needed adults to ride with the kids? Or that the adults insisted they stay together? Was the info from a CM or an adult in the group?

They said a CM told them they needed the whole group. They are 19 and 15 so it wasn't because someone needed to ride with them. Maybe they made the reservation for the whole group and the CM was simply asking where/why everyone was? Like I said they do have their share of misunderstandings.

Also, although a non-DAS holder can be attached to multiple DAS, only one return time at a time can be held by each person.

Also, although a non-DAS holder can be attached to multiple DAS, only one return time at a time can be held by each person.

OurBigTrip Do I understand you correctly? If we split up we just need to make sure we are careful about letting the CM know what members of our party will be on the return time?

That's correct. Each person with a DAS will be allowed to have a return time (I don't believe they can be "named" on anyone else's DAS), and each time they get a return time they/you will need to inform the CM who will be riding. You can only have 1 active return time associated with your ticket, so if they kids split up then the rest of the crew needs to decide with whom they will ride. You are welcome to split up, they do not need to stay together.

Enjoy your vacation!

Both of my children each get a DAS. you can have up to 6 people on each DAS and it CAN be the same people listed on all of them. You are able to split up but you can only have 1 DAS per person at a time so just be careful to make sure you check the right people onto each ride. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts