Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds promising. I’ll give it a try after work tomorrow.

If you can see the FP window open, but it won't let you book FP (due to a limit or ticket issue), FP planning keys will solve that problem. But... your FP window not opening, sounds like an MDE glitch of some sort.

Ugh! I was hoping things had gotten fixed on your end. I’m in the same AP/FP resort stay twilight zone. When’s your next trip? And what are they saying would trigger your FPs for your 6th day to be deleted?

3 of my kids and I are doing the Dolphin Saturday night. We have IT made fp for Saturday and Sunday.

They are really unsure of the email. They think that it is stemming from it counting my one day I was able to make for Memorial Day weekend (27...I made our last day first to get SDD), as day #8 and wanting to drop it. I counted up and only got to 7 that I had made, but at this point it's all so bonkers I have no idea. Right now, I currently hold 6. I am leaving a day open so I can make extra fp on Saturday or Sunday while we are there.

Have you tried calling the AP line? What do they say?

If you find a CM who understands the rules (it can be hard), ask them to add "FP planning keys" to your account.

I have done online chat, spoken to at least 3 different CMs, including AP and IT, and been emailing guest services. Unfortunately, it seems that a new policy, the 7 day limit, which has always been the policy, is being much more strictly enforced. They are locking down the ways of skirting around it by not allowing split stays to book more than 7. Mine are truly split stays. They are all Friday/Saturday or Sunday nights as we are local and go over for the weekend. It's not like I'm moving from one resort to the next. There is usually a 5 day gap between one and the next (DH would like a bigger gap, but he just doesn't have to go :D ). I did have one CM who made some for me, but was later told by another CM that he shouldn't have done that and he must have missed the new updates about the 7 day rule. Part of the problem with the CM made ones is that they are locked and you can't move them. That's fine if you know for certain that is the plan, but if you want to eat lunch at a different time or you really weren't thinking clearly when you had them make the fp, you're either stuck with them or you just skip the fp. I really think I'm stuck at 7 (or 6 so I can have one day to play with). Honestly, it has made me explore other places to stay. We are a family of 6, and if DH goes, it is getting harder and harder to truly stay on site. One disney room is not pocket change, but TWO? That's even worse. Plus, we have the advantage of having a car and parking is included in the AP. (Last weekend, we had 2 cars there as DH and DS had to leave early to do a Boy Scout thing.)

I spent several hours on the phone a couple weeks ago on it, but kids were home for spring break last week and I needed to enforce room cleaning and make multiple meals a day. I might delve back into it today...way better than those bathrooms that need scrubbing.

We have been told the exact same thing by CMs through both the regular phone line and the AP line regarding the 7 day rule and that it has always been a rule. It seems that they are cracking down on it. Problem is that it still seems like it’s being applied inconsistently among passholders. I was pretty irate when I learned about it and argued that it should have been made clear when I bought my pass. This is the first time we have been passholders and we upgraded to the gold pass so we could take advantage of the summer months but doing so it appears is kind of ridiculous as you can’t plan multiple trips during the summer and take advantage of the “perks” other onsite guests can without running into the 7 day rule. We will definitely NOT be renewing our APs and the whole experience has made me a bit bitter about the upcoming trips we have planned. I’d just cancel them but it would upset my daughter too much and we wrapped all that money up in APs...

We have been told the exact same thing by CMs through both the regular phone line and the AP line regarding the 7 day rule and that it has always been a rule. It seems that they are cracking down on it.

I wouldn't put anything past Disney. And their website is notoriously awful, but their website is VERY clear you can book up to 14 days on an AP with 14 days onsite (where on-site = Disney hotels, DS hotels don't count for this limit):

Please note that if your length of stay is longer than two weeks, FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days.

source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/reserving-fast-pass-plus/

I do not have good news to report. At one point, it seemed my FP issues were solved. I had 15 days of fp. Now I am back to 7, but still have 6 more days of on site stays that I *should* be able to book fast passes for. These are ALL on site stays. Hotels range from Boardwalk to a couple different DS ones, SOG and Coronado; all within the next 60 days.

I must have missed this before... it's the Disney Springs hotels that are causing the problem. MDE doesn't recognize DS hotels (even w/ 60-day access) as "on site" for AP booking purposes. It's quite possible that SOG is also a problem in this respect.

They are claiming the 14 on site days must be continuous

I think this is an incorrect explanation (by the CM) to attempt to 'cover' the fact that ending the rolling-60 (a few weeks back) broke split-stay functionality all around. Now they claim the bug is a feature.

Yes, this must be associated with split stays and the fallout from that change. An AP holder with a 10 day continuous onsite reservation can absolutely make FP for all 10 days of their stay or even 14 days, for that matter, if their trip was that long.

FWIW all our stays are DEFINITELY considered on site as we have BWI, WL, AKL, and YC booked. No DS, no SOG, no off site stays at all. Our stays are short stays mostly over long weekends with two being back to back.

I must have missed this before... it's the Disney Springs hotels that are causing the problem. MDE doesn't recognize DS hotels (even w/ 60-day access) as "on site" for AP booking purposes. It's quite possible that SOG is also a problem in this respect.

I think so too, BUT I have yet to hear that from a CM. The closest I have heard is when a SOG reservation kept "falling" off MDE. I added it 5 times, and it would recognize it but disappear when I logged back in, before giving up. One CM said something to the equivalent they had problems with SOG res doing this.

I'm fine with them not really counting DS hotels as real disney hotels, but I have yet to see anywhere it says that. Honestly, with the fast pass lines, I'd prefer for them to go back to it just being Disney hotels and not all this mess of the DS ones too. I happily stayed at SOG for years with just my 30 days FP, enjoying the much lower rate and walking distance to the Poly without missing my 60 day availability.

FWIW all our stays are DEFINITELY considered on site as we have BWI, WL, AKL, and YC booked. No DS, no SOG, no off site stays at all. Our stays are short stays mostly over long weekends with two being back to back.

This leads me to being more irate for you. You are shelling out big bucks for those deluxes to not be able to take advantage of one of their KEY benefits.

I think so too, BUT I have yet to hear that from a CM.

Yeah... unfortunately that is not surprising. It's very rare to find a customer service CM that knows how MDE works.

I'm fine with them not really counting DS hotels as real disney hotels, but I have yet to see anywhere it says that.

I'm not personally "fine with it" (I think it's awful), but it is how MDE is coded (currently). For example, continuous stays >7 days in a DS hotel still only allow 7 days of booking on an AP. (Unless you can get the AP Helpdesk to help -- that worked for people in the past).

I think this is an incorrect explanation (by the CM) in an attempt to 'cover' for the fact that ending the rolling-60 (a few weeks back) broke split-stay functionality all around. Now they claim the bug is a feature.

I was a beneficiary of the rolling window without even realizing what it was. I was just happily booking fp (staying within my 7) and then booking stays.

Solving that bug made a whole new can of worms.

Yeah... unfortunately that is not surprising. It's very rare to find a customer service CM that knows how MDE works.

I'm not personally "fine with it" (I think it's awful), but it is how MDE is coded (currently). For example, continuous stays >7 days in a DS hotel still only allow 7 days of booking on an AP. (Unless you can get the AP Helpdesk to help -- that worked for people in the past).

I did get some fp made by the help desk, but those are locked. There's no way around it, right? Or should I try to get them to only make me one a day, like SDD or Fop?

I did get some fp made by the help desk, but those are locked. There's no way around it, right? Or should I try to get them to only make me one a day, like SDD or Fop?

It depends on how they made them. Do you want to post a screenshot of the FP details?

Currently, if MDE thinks you should not be able to make FPs for a particular day, it will not let you modify them until your eligibility changes. For you, that would mean until you use your next day of booked FPs.

Are you getting nightly warning emails about the FPs that the CM setup?

Depending on how they set it up, the biggest concern I would have, is when you use your pre-booked FPs on day-1, will the system let you book a 4th for that day? (given that you have more days of FP than MDE thinks you should have). I'm not sure what would happen.

This leads me to being more irate for you. You are shelling out big bucks for those deluxes to not be able to take advantage of one of their KEY benefits.
Thanks...since we upgraded to AP and do short stays we decided to celebrate our anniversary (21 years) and birthdays with Disney this year hence the swank accommodations which makes me even more irritated with the cloud hanging over it.

When I talked to one of the CMs (as indicated I have spoken to MANY) I argued that I am only trying to hold TEN DAYS at one time! We are not in a position with our schedules etc to go for two weeks straight but if we did we could hold 14. Doesn’t seem to make a bit of sense to me.

When I talked to one of the CMs (as indicated I have spoken to MANY) I argued that I am only trying to hold TEN DAYS at one time! We are not in a position with our schedules etc to go for two weeks straight but if we did we could hold 14. Doesn’t seem to make a bit of sense to me.

Would you mind posting your trip dates? (or perhaps send by PM if you don't want to post them)

I've been trying to understand the changes to MDE that have occurred over the past several weeks -- and I'd like to see if there is method to MDE's madness.

I’m following along anxiously. I’m hoping all this gets resolved soon. I have a split stay in August that equates to about 10 days, with 8 fp days needed. I also booked a long weekend in Sept to see Star Wars. If I’m not able to book fp for Sept until after my August trip forget it, I’ll keep my money this time. This would definitely impact my decision to ever get an AP again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter