Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have 2 days booked in may during an onsite stay. I'm tempted to book a fake stay for 60 days from now just to see what it allows me to book so I'm prepared for August/Sept.

When you hear back, let us know. I'm really curious about this, Greg. I don't go for anywhere near this long, but I want to see how they handle the wording.

I was told by IT that 14 days was the max because "that's what we do for our guests from the UK that come over for 2-3 weeks. They just have to make new ones when they use up the old."

So I have not heard back from Disney yet, but I did call member services at DVC on another question so I just asked at that time. He indicated that the 14 day limit has to do with when the window opens versus how many you can hold at any one time. So he told me that at my 60 day window I should be able to book my first 14 days. So for me that day would be May 6th (for a June 28th arrival). So, I believe he indicated, I would be able to book June 28th-July 11th. Then on May 13th I would be able to continue booking from July 12th onward. So, according to this CM, I would be able to hold fastpasses for each day of my onsite reservation. To me this matches Disney's website where they indicate "...entire length of stay". I will let you know if I get something different from the e-mail... Thanks, Greg

I had an 11 day stay in December and then another 11 day stay three weeks later in January, and I was able to book FP for every day of both stays.

The only time I have come up against the 7 day limit is when I was booking FP for day trips with no on property hotel.

I had an 11 day stay in December and then another 11 day stay three weeks later in January, and I was able to book FP for every day of both stays.

The only time I have come up against the 7 day limit is when I was booking FP for day trips with no on property hotel.

Yes I have done similar onsite AP stays; I am following along as this is a new issue after the changes made about a month ago regarding "split stays" and Fast Pass + windows.

I am following along as this is a new issue after the changes made about a month ago regarding "split stays" and Fast Pass + windows.

That was the theory, but it's not really correct. One poster has a window that won't open (likely due to the MDE changes), but no one has been prevented booking FPs on their AP for every on-site day (unless they have CLFPs or are staying in a DS hotel). DS hotels and APs have never been a good mix -- and CLFPs have been known to cause problems before the changes.

Hi,
I usually stay at Disney onsite for 21 days or more. I don't do split stays usually. On a continuous stay with my annual pass. I can book up to 14 days of fastpasses in advance.
After that, I can add another day fastpass on the next day, and so on, each day adding the another fastpass until my entire stay has fastpasses for each day. This is the way it has always worked for me in the past.
I hope this info helps someone :)
Adam

Another datapoint. Our May FP window didn’t open. It’s stuck at 17 days out.

We’re Passholders, with an on-site stay this month, and a continuous/split onsite stay in May.

I called yesterday and got disconnected. By that point I was so frustrated, I gave up for the day. Emailed guest services after I cooled off. Hoping to hear back today.

We’re Passholders, with an on-site stay this month, and a continuous/split onsite stay in May.

I called yesterday and got disconnected. By that point I was so frustrated, I gave up for the day. Emailed guest services after I cooled off. Hoping to hear back today.
Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you and I have the same problem:
  • Onsite stay this month.
  • Onsite stay in May.
  • APs.
  • FP+ window didn't open for May stay.
Questions:
  • All your stays are at Disney-owned hotels, right (no Disney Springs hotels, no SOG)?
  • You don't have any CLFPs?
  • How many days of FPs do you currently have for your stay this month?

I'm curious of one thing also. Can you even see the May calendar? As in it lets you click into May but just doesn't show your stay? Not having a stay in May I can only see through April. Just trying to get a feeling of what to be on the lookout for when our June booking window comes up.

I'm curious of one thing also. Can you even see the May calendar? As in it lets you click into May but just doesn't show your stay? Not having a stay in May I can only see through April. Just trying to get a feeling of what to be on the lookout for when our June booking window comes up.
I cannot even see May. I can only see the 30-day window.

I cannot see the May calendar, and everything after April 12 is greyed out for April.
That's interesting that it is greyed out after April 12. At the very least as an AP holder you should be able to book through April 26 right now. Just curious, when's your AP expire?

That's interesting that it is greyed out after April 12. At the very least as an AP holder you should be able to book through April 26 right now. Just curious, when's your AP expire?

AP is good into 2020. So hard to say what’s up here

I cannot see the May calendar, and everything after April 12 is greyed out for April.

So you have a Gold AP then? Gold APs are blocked out April 13-26.

The blockout must be messing up the May booking window for you... wow, that is awful programming (yet again) for MDE.

You *might* be able to see your window tomorrow, when the end of the Gold blockout dates are <30 days out.

Last edited:
So you have a Gold AP then? Gold APs are blocked out April 13-26.

The blockout must be messing up the May booking window for you... wow, that is awful programming (yet again) for MDE.

You *might* be able to see your window tomorrow, when the end of the Gold blockout dates are <30 days out.

Yes, I bet you are right. I said it already, but I’m so frustrated. I really to have time in my life to devote hours to Fastpasses. Thank you all for contributing to this thread.

Update. Had a chance to call Disney IT. They provided me with the non-modifiable FPs for each day of my May trip. Wasn’t able to get the times I wanted for FOP and SDD. A bummer for sure, but some resolution is better than none.

So I have not heard back from Disney yet, but I did call member services at DVC on another question so I just asked at that time. He indicated that the 14 day limit has to do with when the window opens versus how many you can hold at any one time. So he told me that at my 60 day window I should be able to book my first 14 days. So for me that day would be May 6th (for a June 28th arrival). So, I believe he indicated, I would be able to book June 28th-July 11th. Then on May 13th I would be able to continue booking from July 12th onward. So, according to this CM, I would be able to hold fastpasses for each day of my onsite reservation. To me this matches Disney's website where they indicate "...entire length of stay". I will let you know if I get something different from the e-mail... Thanks, Greg

Disney's emailed response is telling me 14 days is the max number of fast pass days you can hold regardless of length of stay. I don't believe this is the case but I guess I will just have to wait until May to find out how the system will work for us... It is so astounding to me how you can get so many different answers to the same question from Disney...

Update. Had a chance to call Disney IT. They provided me with the non-modifiable FPs for each day of my May trip. Wasn’t able to get the times I wanted for FOP and SDD. A bummer for sure, but some resolution is better than none.
That's what I got too. Did the CM have any idea why your FP window had not opened? And you only had 4 days of FPs prior to this May trip?

Disney's emailed response is telling me 14 days is the max number of fast pass days you can hold regardless of length of stay. I don't believe this is the case but I guess I will just have to wait until May to find out how the system will work for us... It is so astounding to me how you can get so many different answers to the same question from Disney...
Keep us posted!

For the first time, I’ve been hit by the AP FP limit. And the change has to be related to the IT/policy changes within the last week or so.

Two stays within 60 days, one Easter Weekend and one May 17-20, both at YC. An additional split stay starting
Labour Day weekend, but outside the FP booking window and fully onsite. No CL FPs or anything weird booked.

Booked my April FP (4 days) no problem at the 60 day mark. Booked 3 days no problem for May trip, right at the 60 day mark. Modified a few May FP within the first two days of booking them. No problem. Could still see the May FP calendar, although the days other than our trip were greyed out.

This week, tried to modify one of the May FP. Error message. Cannot complete the FP booking at this time, try again later. Figured it was a normal IT glitch. Tried for a couple days with the same result. Out of curiosity, tried to add FP to our checkin day to see if the system worked. May is now unavailable completely. Can’t see it at all, the calendar ends in April.

Yesterday, I called and the IT folks claimed it’s because of the 7 day limit on AP FP. I tried to explain that I can’t even modify my current May FP, but they just offered to modify them for me (seemingly using those non modifiable ones instead). I thanked them and turned down the offer since I want to be able to modify day-of.

At some point, I’ll try to find time to call the AP phone line and see what they say, but it’s very frustrating. All my trips are fully onsite, and there’s no offsite or CL FP or DS hotels. I feel like I’m being penalized for coming to Disney too often, even though I’m spending extra cash on APs and deluxe resort rooms. What’s more frustrating is that this seems to be an intentional recent change, since I’ve always been able to book for all days of multiple onsite stays in the past, as long as there were no offsite stays or such messing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!