Path/route of Spectro & where to sit...

Dana_Buckley

Mouseketeer
So.... what is the route of Spectro & where is the best place to stake a spot? We want to get to Fantasyland, if possible, after the parade (me, MIL & DS 3 yr old) AND grab a bite to eat while we are waiting for Spectro to start. Thank you very much! We fly out on Saturday! Woo Hoo!!

We always sit on the corner of the Christmas Shoppe or across the way that is in front of the place where they do silouettes in Frontier Land...oh, in front of the Hall of Presidents. It is toward the end of the parade, so you do have to wait a bit longer, but if you waited with the kids while your DH grabbed dinner for the fam or vice versa, this is the place to sit. Everyone crowds around Main Street for the parade. I've seen people start saving a spot there as early as 4PM :confused: So one of those spots infron of the HoPr. is my choice and I think you and your fam will get a gret view of the parade and have a magical night!

kjs

The Spectro parade begins at the front of the park and continues down Main Street toward the castle and then makes a left and travels through Frontierland. If you want to see the fireworks afterwards, find a spot near the castle. If you are leaving the park, find a spot near the front gate.

Hi, Dana. I hope that you have a wonderful, magical Disney vacation.

Here is a link to the Magic Kingdom park map with the parade route in red:

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/maps/mkmap.htm

When the parade passes the castle you will be able to walk to Fantayland either through the castle or along the right or left passageways of the castle.

Do you plan on sitting on the curb? If you are, you might want to sit where you can have a good view while you're waiting for the Spectromagic parade. Like maybe the castle or Main Street.

Or if you don't want to sit on the curb, there are a lot of wooden or stone benches or tables with chairs to sit on and even stand up on to watch the parade.

There are a couple of wooden benches a few feet away from the curb near the popcorn stand near the castle on the right side.

Or the stone bench that circles the small park in front of the castle is also a great seat to stand on. Except the only seats available for good viewing are from 0900 to 1200. the area from 1200 to 0600 are usually roped off for wheelchairs, etc..

During the day, just keep an eye open for a spot to watch the Spectromagic parade that you might like (and be prepared to get to your spot early.)

There are plenty of places to get a quick meal.

The closer you get to Spash Mountain, usually, the less crowded it gets.

Those tables and chairs behind and to the right of the Fantasyland ride is a great place to watch the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks, too.

Good luck on your choices.

I've met the nastiest people near the House of Presidents and Sleepy Hollow. You sit and wait at your spot for nearly an hour. Then some jerk comes up and tries to squeeze into your space. Or sits down in front of you in front of the rope. When the Castmembers come by they tell them to move back, so they shove you back. I nearly got into a fight with some old broad who thought I should give up my seat on the brick wall to her because she was old, 50-ish. Funny thing, though, so am I.

The last time we saw Spectromagic, we stood/sat over near Frontierland, just past the Liberty Tree Tavern towards Splash Mt. A much better place to watch the parade. If there are two parades, see the second; the crowds are smaller.

I agree with the last post. You have to really fight for your spot the last 1/2 hr. before the parade starts. It's kind of sad that people don't respect the fact that you are standing or sitting there and at the last minute try to squeeze their arses infront of your three foot high kid or 5 foot high great aunt. Last year we had a nasty who put his kid on his shoulders and moved right in front of our group just as the parade started. Luckily his wife came back after getting popcorn and put and end to that, not to his agreement. Two years ago we had a fun time with a kid and mom from the UK and a family from out East. Its fun to get there early and chat with nice people.

Generally, the last spot to fill is at the very beginning of the parade route. More specifically, the area right in front of Harmony Barbershop. Periodically, the CM roping the route will improperly rope this area reducing it's size. But, generally it is a large area that can accomodate several folks and typically stays empty until very close to the beginning of the parade.

The down side to this is that some of the Magic is lost because you see the floats in the prep area each time the doors open. But, that doesn't dissuade us. We enjoy being able to sit down 15 minutes before the parade and have a great spot.

Also, the characters on foot will come right to you since you are the first guests they see.

But, if this is your first time seeing Spectro, I'd suggest a spot further along the parade route. If you don't mind finding a spot early, Main Street really is the most magical place to watch any parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter