Patrreon Payment Issues

Thank you, it DOES help to know "it's not just me". Much appreciated.
The Dis is lucky to have a loyal fan like you who can separate the two companies. The person I know, they admit the issue with Patreon and being booted so quickly, turned them off the artist’s work, almost subconsciously. We have talked about how the human mind does funny things like that.

They skipped a winter concert they were planning on and now are meh, about a summer event as well.

So you are diligent and kind to keep going despite the hiccups.

Last edited:
The Dis is lucky to have a loyal fan like you who can separate the two companies. The person I know, they admit the issue with Patreon and being booted so quickly, turned them off the artist’s work, almost subconsciously. We have talked about how the human mind does funny things like that.

They skipped a winter concert they were planning on and now are meh, about a summer event as well.

So you are diligent and kind to keep going despite the hiccups.
Thank you, you are too kind., I will admit it did cause me to "feel some type of way but I forced myself to remember I'm helping to support some VERY hard-working people, who bring me content that's seen ME through some very hard days (pre-Covid, but also very much during the height of Covid, on BOTH sides!) , so it's a win-win. I just might have to KEEP reminding myself from time to time. ;)

Last edited:
Unplanned, and unfortunate update to my original Patreon payment issues originally reported back in April, above, which started this whole thread in the first place.

Today - after using the NEW card since April, Pateon sent me an email that THAT card was "declined, for perhaps not having enough funds, or preparing to expire". Again - NONE of that true, per the card's supplier (this time CitiBank) Last time it was Patreon triggering "fraud and possible crypto currency alerts" due to strange, random, low-amount charges. This time - after using the card since April, and having the correct security code and expiration date - they went to get this month's charge authorized by CitIBank using the INCORRECT verification information (CVV ad/or expiration date), causing them to decline it. Good for them, and SHAME on Patreon - AGAIN.

And knowing they have NO WAY for me to reach their Customer Service, I am using ONE solution available to me. I am CANCELLING my Patreon membership. Sorry - have loved supporting the hard-working DIS Team Members all these years, most ESPECIALY during Covid, but I'm out. I can't continue to be involved with somewhere with such sloppy accounting/book keeping systems, and HORRIBLE Customer Support. I know in the scheme of things this isn't a huge deal, but yes - it DOES cause me stress, and upset, and I do NOT need that - especially not on an ongoing basis. Since I had to retire from a high-stress job due to medical issues, I'm trying to DEcrease my stress at all turns if possible, not INcrease it. And like I said before - I've worked VERY hard to have an excellent FICO score, that is NOT something I mess around with!

And I'd suggest that if The DIS wants to continue to ask for more Patreon supporters on every show, as they do, they either find a place with BETTER business practices to handle the financial transactions, or get Patreon to get on the stick, and get their stuff together!! Some "old school Disney" customer retention shcooling might also be a suggestion The DIS might make to a company they choose to use. Patreon's idea of that the FIRST time was a lame, obviously boilerplate email to me from their "Customer Happiness Team" - again - NEVER acknowledging fault, or offering any sort of apology. So I do NOT want to deal with that same lame response after this SECOND incident for sure - it will make me even MORE pissed (sorry if that's a bad word here, I'm THINKING worse ones!!!!) than I am right this minute.
'
I'm a VERY patient and forgiving person, but TWICE in 4 months (after 6 years of support!) is NOT good optics, and especially the way the email is worded as if ME (the customer) is somehow at fault is unconscionable, and I have NEVER received an apology of any kind, so definitely not holding my breath for one this time either.

And - oh yeah - to add insult to injury - payment is due today, the 1st. I had several emails of content for months I already paid for, waiting until I could enjoy them (like Ryno's Vancouver video - was VERY much looking forward to that!) Patreon - as of today - cut off ALL access to ALL content, even that I had saved in my email, and it was in my email (so therefor PAID for, BEFORE the 1st). And when I try to open it - the "headline" says - access to this content has been denied, due to your payment being declined. If I wasn't hurt, angry and done enough before, I sure am NOW!! Wow. :( :headache: :mad:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter