Pau Hauna room

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
hkw do the pau hauna room activities work?
Do you have to be there right when it opens to sign up for that days activites? And if so, what time does it open?
Or do you just walk in?

One day looks like it will rain ALL DAY and I want to take advantage of some of the indoor activites they do...and I don’t want to miss my opportunity to sign my family up.

Also. Does anyone have any reports on the new kids club procedures?

Aunty’s got rid of the complimentary programs and now has a theme for each day that includes games, crafts, and occasional character visits but no sign ups. We originally were sad to hear this, but they had fun and there were no crazy lines at 6 am. They still had a line for meal signups, but overall it felt less crazy. They still had the premium experiences, but this past week they were all full before we arrived. Themes were things like galactic day, marvel super hero day, pet pals (animal sidekicks from various movies), Hawaiian heritage. I’ll have to ask my kids if they remember others.

They also had more tween activities and my 11 year old who said she wouldn’t go in this time, begged to go and opted out of our planned Ama Ama dinner night. My husband and I planned 1 night without kids but ended up with a few because they wanted to go to Aunty’s more than we expected. They had special tween only crafts and games. Maybe we just got lucky in how many tweens happened to be there this week.

Even when Oahu had a lot of rain this past week, Ko Olina had very little and it was mostly overnight when it did rain, so hopefully you get some good days. The signups are at 8 am and fill quickly, but people often don’t show so the waitlist is a good option. (Although you don’t know until last minute.)

It’s best to go down and sign up first thing in the morning. The list for family activities filled quickly. They then go to the waitlist so by late morning the waitlist is typically pretty long/odds slim you will get in on a rainy day. Odds are very high that the first few on the list get in. Basically you show up at scheduled time if on the waitlist and then they call your names. families sign up first thing in the morning and then half the group won’t show up and waitlist gets filled.

They have games and movies you can check out for something else to do on a rainy day.

I scheduled spa day for family on checkout day just in case it was rainy.

Aunty’s got rid of the complimentary programs and now has a theme for each day that includes games, crafts, and occasional character visits but no sign ups. We originally were sad to hear this, but they had fun and there were no crazy lines at 6 am. They still had a line for meal signups, but overall it felt less crazy. They still had the premium experiences, but this past week they were all full before we arrived. Themes were things like galactic day, marvel super hero day, pet pals (animal sidekicks from various movies), Hawaiian heritage. I’ll have to ask my kids if they remember others.

aulanidreamer--I know you said no crazy lines at 6am--so it's just "show up and come in," provided there's room, I assume?

Yes there are no activity sign ups anymore. There were some lines on the morning for meals and I walked by a few times around 7:30 and there were maybe 5 or 6 people lined up but it wasn’t around the building like before. Again this was also a not as busy week. They don’t put out a schedule for the days activities so it’s just drop in to play and hope you get lucky for something fun. The kids were happy with what was offered. My only disappointment about the new system is that I could previously sign my son up for a special activity and know he would do something besides play video games the entire time. Now he probably will (and did), but since our routine is to let them go in for only a couple hrs and not a whole day, it was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!