Pay Increase for CPs

sarbruis

Jainty Dake
Just got this e-mail today:

Later this year, you’ll be packing for the experience of a lifetime – the Disney Theme Parks & Resorts College Program! We are very excited that you will be joining our family and look forward to welcoming you to your new home. We want you to be prepared and have the most updated information about your program. That’s we're writing to you today.

Beginning January 1, 2006, Disney College Program Cast Members will begin earning $6.40 an hour, a 15-cent increase to the current pay rate, which we shared with you during your recent presentation. If you work in a tipped role during your program, your new pay rate will be $3.38, a 23-cent increase to the current rate.

Depending on your specific role, your pay rate may be higher. For example, Quick-Service Food and Beverage, Culinary and Character Performers earn a higher rate of pay.

It's not much, but hey, it's better than what it was.

About time they do something. Do you think they'll be raising rent for the CP's?

Don't be too impressed with Disney..they had to raise the pay

Effective January 1, 2006, Florida's minimum wage will increase to $6.40 per hour. This change will increase the state's minimum wage to .25 cents more than the current $6.15 per hour minimum wage and $1.25 more than the national minimum wage of $5.15 per hour.

Florida's minimum wage increase was created in a constitutional amendment approved by voters on November 2, 2004, and covers all employees in the state covered by the federal minimum wage. According to this amendment, Agency for Workforce Innovation will review the minimum wage each September and determine whether a cost of living adjustment is needed. Any adjustment made will be effective on January 1 of each year.

not really about pay -- just money in general....

how much do u plan to bring beforeu go down? since i heard living off what they pay u is not to live off of (which also, does that 6.40 include u staying on site or they have to take it out of ur pay check at the end?)

thanks!

Your rent is deducted every week from the $6.40/hr. When I was on the college program, I pretty much broke even. Didn't make any money, but didn't lose any either.

SyracuseWolvrine said:
Your rent is deducted every week from the $6.40/hr. When I was on the college program, I pretty much broke even. Didn't make any money, but didn't lose any either.

Bummer, are we really there to make money though? Im ok with taking a pay cut from what I have now to work in Disney for a season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter