Pay Out of Pocket for CRT?

Praise2Him

DIS Veteran
I've seen several posts about paying OOP for CRT, but I'm not quite sure what the reason is?

I have 7 TS credits, but want to eat at some that require 2 credits:

Brown Derby
California Grill
CRT

Plus we have to eat at:

Crystal Palace
Marrakesh
Donald's Breakfastosaurus

So I'm trying to decide which one(s) to pay for OOP.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Lisa

Praise2Him said:
I've seen several posts about paying OOP for CRT, but I'm not quite sure what the reason is?

I have 7 TS credits, but want to eat at some that require 2 credits:

Brown Derby
California Grill
CRT

Plus we have to eat at:

Crystal Palace
Marrakesh
Donald's Breakfastosaurus

So I'm trying to decide which one(s) to pay for OOP.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Lisa

Well, if you pay cash for CRT dinner it would cost you $39. + tax/tip. If you use 2 TS credits for it, it comes to a lot more then $39+. Seems like a waste to most people to use 2 TS credits on it.

If you eat breakfast at CRT; cash would be $31.99+ but still 2 TS credits.

Brown Derby would be about $42+ tax/tip (for what I'd order: appetizer, steak and creme brulee) or 2 TS credits. Still a better deal, IMHO to pay cash.

California Grill would be about $44+ tax/tip or 2 TS credits.

Now, at Le Cellier, a 1 TS restaurant, dinner would cost about $39+ tax/tip but it's only 1 TS so it's definitely worth it not to pay OOP here.

I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more!

I'm paying OOP for the Cinderalla breakfast next month. No way it's worth 2 credits. I'm using most of my credits at dinner.

We paid OOP for CRT, we also got the DDE card which pretty much paid for itself by the time we got the discount on CRT for 6 people. We have 2 trips planned this year and DH likes beer with his dinner on vacation so the DDE was worth it for us and made paying OOP for CRT a no-brainer. At least that was my logic. HTH! :thumbsup2

mom2alix said:
We paid OOP for CRT, we also got the DDE card which pretty much paid for itself by the time we got the discount on CRT for 6 people. We have 2 trips planned this year and DH likes beer with his dinner on vacation so the DDE was worth it for us and made paying OOP for CRT a no-brainer. At least that was my logic. HTH! :thumbsup2
??? I see you are from NE, but you had the DDE? I thought you had to be a FL resident?

kcrew said:
??? I see you are from NE, but you had the DDE? I thought you had to be a FL resident?

DDE is also available for AP holders, so now you can get it no matter where you live. I think that was new last year.

DebbieB said:
I'm paying OOP for the Cinderalla breakfast next month. No way it's worth 2 credits. I'm using most of my credits at dinner.

I'm doing the same in Sept.

So let me get this straight--if I am going to CRT on the DDP with myself, DH, DD6 and DS4 it will cost us 8 TS credits???

I just came back this week. We had CRT for breakfast and I also paid OOP. I didn't think it was worth it.

jenny-d said:
So let me get this straight--if I am going to CRT on the DDP with myself, DH, DD6 and DS4 it will cost us 8 TS credits???

Yes! That's why we are paying OOP for our CRT lunch in August. :goodvibes

I was going to make ADR for Xmas Eve for dinner here but now am wondering if 8 credits for the 4 of us if really worth it. Sounds like no.

beattyfamily said:
Well, if you pay cash for CRT dinner it would cost you $39. + tax/tip. If you use 2 TS credits for it, it comes to a lot more then $39+. Seems like a waste to most people to use 2 TS credits on it.

If you eat breakfast at CRT; cash would be $31.99+ but still 2 TS credits.

I thought I read that when you pay OOP for CRT the $39 included the tax and tip. I thought that now that they charge your card first that it was included :confused3

Of course, now I can't find where I read that at :rolleyes2

Has anyone paid OOP, does it include tax and tip or not :scratchin

OK - edited to add, I found out the price for 2 adults and 2 children for lunch at CRT is $135.40 and that includes the tax and gratuity. I stand corrected :blush: :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter