Paying cash for a room on the weekends? Prices?

MOM POPPINS

<font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh
Can someone explain to me how to a reservation not using points on the weekends? Is the discount good for all WDW resorts or just the Villa's? What kind of discount do you get? Is there a certain time frame to call ahead of time? Thanks for any help!

:wave2:

with DVC you don't have to reserve a whole week

you can just reserve Sun-thurs then spend fri/sat some place else or just go home. or even less - I am pretty bad about just renting one nighters.

we do get a 25% discount for the DVC resorts. but only if there is availability.

the member must be in that room. you can't rent a room and then be in another room you got with points.

I just made my first cash ressie for a weekend. We were already booked in a BCV studio for Sun.-Thurs. nights. We wanted to stay for the weekend too, but decided we'd rather not switch resorts or rooms. So I reserved a BCV studio for cash for the weekend (25% discount) and MS linked the 2 ressies together so we won't have to change rooms. :)

I'd booked the 5 nights involving points 11 months out, and was surprised that the 2 weekend nights were still available at 6 months out, since this is all for Easter week.

MOM POPPINS said:
Can someone explain to me how to a reservation not using points on the weekends? Is the discount good for all WDW resorts or just the Villa's? What kind of discount do you get? Is there a certain time frame to call ahead of time? Thanks for any help!

:wave2:
If you are reserving cash through DVC MS the discount is 25% off rack rate if they have it available and only at the DVC resorts. Sometimes they will have rooms/villas available for cash with the discount, sometimes they will have them available for cash but no discount and sometimes they won't have anything available at all for cash :confused3 Sometimes they will have rooms available months in advance and sometimes they won't have them available until around the 60day mark....it's all in when MS determines that the rooms won't be booked up on pts. The good thing about it is that if you book with cash via DVC MS they can link your cash nights to your pts nights and it will be like one big ressie :love:

Now, if you're talking about booking cash via CRO that's a whole other story. They have all different discounts that may or may not be available to you from AAA to AP discounts. CRO has their own small inventory of rooms separate from DVC. You may be able to get a DVC room for less $$ through them if there's a good discount available. However, being that they have a separate inventory, they cannot link your ressies. Worst case senario...you'd get a good cash rate on the room but you'll have to check out and then back in again and worst of all you'd have to MOVE ! :earseek: Best case senario, you won't have to move but they will make you check out and then back in again and get new room keys. So sometimes even if MS has the cash night for more it may be worth the extra $$ just to not have the aggrevation of having to check out and back in or definetly of having to move.

And then of course, lots of people just switch resorts all together and pay cash either with or without a discount through CRO for the weekends rather than lay out the extra wknd pts or pay so much more cash for the DVC rate:scratchin

HTH's :wave2:

Almost every time we go I get rooms from MS and CRO. I have not had to move yet. You can not link reservation but as part of your room request you can give your reservation number(CRO gets MS # and MS gets CRO#). When I check in I tell the CM about both reservations and tell them I am willing to wait for a room that I don't have to move from. I have never had to go to the desk to check in and out again on the change day they slide under the door the 1st bill and the room cards for the second half of the stay. Now I will tell you that when I first stay on cash then point on change day I get a towel and trash day and not a full cleaning. When I go from points to cash sometimes I get a full clean sometime not. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter