Paying Cash for rooms?

zumbergc

DIS Veteran
Question reguardng paying cash for a room.

I believe, i read something about people paying cash for rooms, when there were none left in the dvc pool. Is this the case, of the people running out of points?

We just joined and were hoping for dec, but things look pretty full.
However, are the cash rooms from a different pool, and is the cash rate the same as the general public pays for them?

Thanks,

Sometimes and sometimes not.

We use cash rooms if we run out of points or whatever.

Take this year for example. My family and I are going at the end of November, my mom and my stepdads family are checking in 2 days after we are, so we collaborated and thought it would be a good idea to get a Grand Villa, well for one it's short notice so I didn't think we had much chance unless we went through CRO and I didn't have enough points to reserve one anyway.

Luckily I was able to get one with the member discount, cost us 851.25 a night instead of 1135.

Anytime I have inquired of Member Services about a member discount for a cash night, it has not been available for the timeframe that I needed it for. They have quoted me full rate for the room. Now, if I have a Ap pass and a discount comes out, I can get it cheaper that way. It all depends on what is available, when you need it. On the other hand, they will link the reservations for you, if you can get a cash along with your point stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter