Paying for 3 y.o. (again!)

Eric Julie and Hailey

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I'm sure this is a repeated thread -- but, my search didn't work.

My DD will be 3 y.o. on 11/26. We'll be at the parks from 12/15 to 12/18. What do you think? Do we or don't we?

We're DVC members, WDCC members, and have been to the parks over 100 times (no kidding). I won't feel guilty if I "scam" $150 off of Disney... but, what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that a scam is a scam and $150 is alot of money. Is it ok to steal $150 in groceries from a grocery store because you shop there alot?

But -- it is a personal decision that has been debated here often. You really have to decide for yourself.

Since you already know Disney's ticket policy, this is just a matter of conscience. As Toby'sFriend said, it's your conscience and your decision to make.

If you want to know what other people think about this, please post on the debate board. This subject tends to turn nasty very quickly.

Please pay. I am a stockholder, and my wife is a Disney employee. $150.00 here, $25.00 there and, before you know it, stock goes down, and, (Michael Eisner excluded lol!) CM's lose their jobs. How would you feel if something that other people, albeit indirectly, through their dishonesty, helped contribute to your spouse/significant other losing his, or her job???

I, personally, would pay it. BUT, it's up to you. Eventually, because you go so often, you'll have to pay.

Now, if you checked in before her birthday, I'd say don't bother paying.;)

My daughter turns 10 only 19 days before our trip.. but I am still paying for her an adult ticket. I think it just goes back to setting a good example.

WOW! It's unanimous! I'm paying!

(I was leaning that way anyway...)

You're all correct - $150 is a small price to pay for integrity.
Thanks for the opinions.

Hey, look at it this way...

Your daughter will feel like a regular member of the family with her own Hopper Pass card to swipe in the turnstyles...

Your actions speak louder than your words when raising children...

Integrity, honesty, and responsibility are all great virtues to model for your little ones...

And now, a song:

Hey Mr. Taliban, show me your Bin Laden

Air Force come and they flatten my home

Come Mr. Taliban, show me your Bin Laden

Day-O, Meesa Day-O

(Kinda catchy, isn't it???)

:cool:

I jsut wanted to repeat a story that happened to us that I metion every time this comes up..We were at the theatre to see Dinasaur. The movie had not started yet and a little girl behind us started talking to my DD. the girl asked how old DD was and then said "at home I am 4 but when we go out I am 2 because Dad doesn't want to. pay for me to see a stupid Disney movie". Not exacty a lesson I want to teach my kids. I hope the father was imbarrased enough to never do it again.

I paid for my three year old when we went - it never occured to me not to - but that was in the days before the internet boards (she is 14 now). Anyway once the boards and all the discussion about paying for a three year old came up I thought back to that time and really of the group I am sure she is the one who really got her (or my) money's worth! She enjoyed every ride, was wide eyed at every turn, she enjoyed each show, each character, each store. Of course there are rides that three year olds can't go on - but they still get alot of bang for the buck!

Liz

I have also been tempted by the 3 year old rule. Disney is so very expensive and sometimes it seems like they charge too much. For example, food, souvenirs etc. When we went in September my DD was 3. What to do? Then I remember how proud she is when people ask her how old she is . She holds up her fingers and says 3. She also tells me how great I am(her opinion) all the time. So for relatively little money would I be willing to take these things away from her? Well, obviously my answer was no. We paid for her all the way. And you know what? By some weird twist of fate, I happend to come home with money this trip (a first thats for sure). Fo some reason our children were very reasonable this trip. They had maybe 1 snack each per day (that they share with each other), drinks etc. One major and one tiny souvenir each, and no begging. So maybe this was my reward for doing the right thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter