Payment question

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
When not paying by cc (Paypal, Billpoint, etc) what is the best (most secure) way you have found to pay? And why?
Many thanks!:D

I'd just send a check isued by the credit card company, rather than a money order or certified check. MOs and CCs only benefit the seller, offering the buyer minimal or no protection against fraud.

A check issued by a credit card company is subject to the same investigations that a regular charge is. They issue your refund faster as well. They charge a percentage (as a cash advance), but in the event you face a fraud charge, you are well covered.

There are even less guarantees that you'll get a refund in case of fraud with funds taken out of a bank account using an online payment system.

Wanda

I send a regular check and I have never had a problem. Maybe because I'm choosy about who I do my business with.

1. You have the cancelled check as your record that you paid.
2. Accepting payment and not delivering goods is fraud and if you sent it through the US mail it's mail fraud.

When I had my one & only problem, I called the Sheriff in the seller's city and they went and found him. I got my money back!! :) I guess I was lucky.

99.9% of sellers are great and trustworthy. The most improtant thing is to know who you are dealing with. Check feedback if it's an auction seller. Negative, neutral feedback or very little feedback (from a NEWBIE) should be a BIG red flag. Why deal with the other 1% ??

Just my 2¢.

Kathy - I agree with you on most points. I pay by, and accept, checks - so far no problems.

Checking feedback, and if necessary e-mailing the feedback giver for clarification if very necessary when dealing on auction sites. However - and I stress this - don't just check the numbers. Take the time to go through the feedback. Nuturals can really be positives - and the giver has left the auction site, turning their positive into a nutural. Some negitives are not warented (I have one, replied and e-mailed him [with a copy to the auction site] - the bidder thought the item should show up at his house the next day!). He was removed from the site by the company!

Also - a lot of us have experience with the sellers - don't hesitate to e-mail (not public) if you have any questions.

Most importantly - trust your instents - if you "feel" something isn't quite right, it probably isn't.

Humpbacks1962
I learned my lesson on paying from my checking account via Paypal, since that was the way I was *blessed*. ;)
I didn't want to get a USPS money order, after all I had read about others trying to get timely responses, money back, etc.
I don't have any cc checks. I think I will just use an ol' fashioned check. I'm not in a big hurry anyway.

Judy Sue----Exactly!!! Thanks for putting into words what was on the tip of my tongue. :) I did mean also to READ the feedback. You are right that some people give negative feedback for ridiculous reasons.

Barbara......I have sent money orders too if the seller requires it and I have never had a problem with any of those either. But, I prefer to send a check.

I have had a couple of problems accepting checks. I took care of that by adjusting my check acceptance policy and haven't had a problem since. Each seller has to do whatever works for them.

Hope this helps!
BTW......How's that "D" pin doing?? :wave:

D = DARN good :bounce: ;) Thanks for asking!
Now that I have my Neverland map set completed I want to frame both this weekend.
Life is good. :cool:
I bought a bunch of pins while at DL/DCA, telling myself I wouldn't have to buy anymore for while.:p I haven't stopped. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter