PC Optimum expert advice requested!

twinkletoe

Earning My Ears
Hello experts! I have collected just over 200 000 Optimum points and wish to use them to buy Christmas presents for my three young adult children. I would love your opinion on how best to use them in order to maximize their value. I would love to buy them clothing or household items from Real Canadian Superstore, but I wonder if it is better to buy stuff at Shoppers Drug Mart?
All advice is welcome and thank you in advance!

The best possible return is going to be on a bonus weekend at Shoppers. Your 200,000 points are worth 200$ normally, but on a bonus weekend they are worth 300$. The Shoppers around me have good electronics sections, especially cameras, video games, and headphones.

If they won’t enjoy those kinds of things, then 200$ on household/clothing items at Superstore is still a great return. 300$ in electronics is a better $ return, but if neither you nor your kids want them, I would say it’s a waste of your points!

Hello experts! I have collected just over 200 000 Optimum points and wish to use them to buy Christmas presents for my three young adult children. I would love your opinion on how best to use them in order to maximize their value. I would love to buy them clothing or household items from Real Canadian Superstore, but I wonder if it is better to buy stuff at Shoppers Drug Mart?
All advice is welcome and thank you in advance!

I agree with @marchingstar about the Shoppers bonus redemption.
Another idea is to use them for a grocery shop and then use the money you would have spent on the groceries to shop for the gifts at Toys R Us or WalMart where you might get a better selection or price.
So you would "spend" the points instead of actual money and then take the money you would have used to buy food and buy the gifts

I am now over $400, and I need to compare....RCSS does price matching. So if you see something at Walmart, electronic etc...and it's the same, then price match it.
Mostly, I will be using it to cover the expensive items for groceries and stocking stuffers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter