PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

They had used our local store as a test store a few years ago for the click and collect. It has been a hit here for years. Our store seems to be a " test store " for many things. It went from 4 parking spots to 8, then to 12. I used it off and on for a couple of years. It works great it everything that you need is in your order. If not, you still need to either go into the store to see if it is available or go to another store for said item. And that last 2 yrs for sure here, that's been my experience, so I have not used it much because half of my order would be missing. I would be picking up on a Monday around 4:45 on my way home from work because we were gone over the weekend.

The items that were missing would be needed items, that SHOULD be stocked items like bananas, bread, coffee creamer etc etc etc etc. Before the covid 19 virus hit, our store was lacking in various departments and I would leave very frustrated. And that's why I stopped using the click and collect. I could hit No Frills on my way home, and get in and out before the 5:00 rush hit there, with most of my items!!! As convenient as the click and collect is...when important items are not in your order and you still need to go into the store, it defeats the whole purpose of it.

For now, I'll leave the click and collect for those who need to use it because of compromised immune systems. I'm more than able to pick my own groceries.

They had used our local store as a test store a few years ago for the click and collect. It has been a hit here for years. Our store seems to be a " test store " for many things. It went from 4 parking spots to 8, then to 12. I used it off and on for a couple of years. It works great it everything that you need is in your order. If not, you still need to either go into the store to see if it is available or go to another store for said item. And that last 2 yrs for sure here, that's been my experience, so I have not used it much because half of my order would be missing. I would be picking up on a Monday around 4:45 on my way home from work because we were gone over the weekend.

The items that were missing would be needed items, that SHOULD be stocked items like bananas, bread, coffee creamer etc etc etc etc. Before the covid 19 virus hit, our store was lacking in various departments and I would leave very frustrated. And that's why I stopped using the click and collect. I could hit No Frills on my way home, and get in and out before the 5:00 rush hit there, with most of my items!!! As convenient as the click and collect is...when important items are not in your order and you still need to go into the store, it defeats the whole purpose of it.

For now, I'll leave the click and collect for those who need to use it because of compromised immune systems. I'm more than able to pick my own groceries.
That's my point, too. I don't mind using it if its free, but if I'm paying a fee for the service and I still have to go in, that's not really a good use of my money.

While I rarely use PC Express when there is a fee, I often look at the groceries in my cart at the cash and realize I would have saved the fee 3 times over when I see the impulse items I suddenly 'need'. And....those impulses are important things like Twizzlers and chocolate....never a carrot to be found! :rotfl2:

While I rarely use PC Express when there is a fee, I often look at the groceries in my cart at the cash and realize I would have saved the fee 3 times over when I see the impulse items I suddenly 'need'. And....those impulses are important things like Twizzlers and chocolate....never a carrot to be found! :rotfl2:
Ooooh! Twizzlers are ALWAYS on my PC Express list.:teeth:

I have a confession to make. I may have taken your carrots. I added 2 pkg organic to my list because I couldn't find the regular. Later in my 'shopping' I found the regular carrots. . . . but forgot to remove the first bunch(es). When I got home with my PC Express order, yup, 4 x 2lb carrots. We've been having carrot sticks upon carrot sticks. And I think I'm turning orange! :rolleyes1

I have a confession to make. I may have taken your carrots. I added 2 pkg organic to my list because I couldn't find the regular. Later in my 'shopping' I found the regular carrots. . . . but forgot to remove the first bunch(es). When I got home with my PC Express order, yup, 4 x 2lb carrots. We've been having carrot sticks upon carrot sticks. And I think I'm turning orange! :rolleyes1
Lol - That happened to me with chicken breasts a few weeks ago. Two different brands, both fresh boneless, skinless. Had to come up with two different recipes, so it wouldn't feel too repetitive.

Lol - That happened to me with chicken breasts a few weeks ago. Two different brands, both fresh boneless, skinless. Had to come up with two different recipes, so it wouldn't feel too repetitive.
Not a brag (okay, I guess it is) but one of positives is that we are, what?, maybe 13 weeks into this thing, and we have only made the same meal a couple of times in the whole period. DW reads cook books the way I read Camping Life (or Disney blogs), and has collected a huge library of recipe ideas. It's been fun working our way through them! Not a bad one in the lot, and at least 2 or 3 that will go into our regular rotation. We both cook, but have different talents so the interplay has been fun; some days I'm sous chef, some days she is. We had one recipe that called for paneer, and accidentally ended up with two blocks. Second one is going into a totally different recipe tonight (Matar Paneer with Veggies). Freezer is stocked with enough proteins to last a couple of months, but we have gone vegetarian at least 2 nights a week to keep costs and calories down.

Need help
I want to shop on Friday so if I save offers (that are expiring today) till next week will I be able to use them Friday?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
Expires on: Wednesday June 3rd

Offer terms: For every $4 spent on the items indicated before applicable taxes and after all coupons and discounts are deducted, in a single transaction at any participating store location operating under the Loblaws Inc. and Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. banners, you will earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions.

Need help
I want to shop on Friday so if I save offers (that are expiring today) till next week will I be able to use them Friday?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
Expires on: Wednesday June 3rd

Offer terms: For every $4 spent on the items indicated before applicable taxes and after all coupons and discounts are deducted, in a single transaction at any participating store location operating under the Loblaws Inc. and Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. banners, you will earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions.
Yes. Offers go from Thursday to Wednesday. Anything you save today you can use tomorrow until next Wednesday. Then the cycle begins again.

I'm needing some help with math ...
Currently have an offer for 10,000 points if I spend $50 or more that ends today (yeah, i still have a few hours till the store closes) Starting Friday there's a flyer offer for 20X the points
I need to know which is better??? I don't know how many base points i get at shoppers but i think it's 15 points/$1??
SO let's assume i spend $50 today i would get 10,000 but on Friday the same $50 would get me ??
Would it be 15,000?? 15 * 50 = 750 base points and then 20 times that to give the 15,000?

I'm needing some help with math ...
Currently have an offer for 10,000 points if I spend $50 or more that ends today (yeah, i still have a few hours till the store closes) Starting Friday there's a flyer offer for 20X the points
I need to know which is better??? I don't know how many base points i get at shoppers but i think it's 15 points/$1??
SO let's assume i spend $50 today i would get 10,000 but on Friday the same $50 would get me ??
Would it be 15,000?? 15 * 50 = 750 base points and then 20 times that to give the 15,000?
I haven't looked at the flyer yet so I don't know exactly what the offer is starting Friday. Sometimes it says load your offer, which you can see in the PC offers in your account. When that happens it can be a minimum of anything. Last time this happen with my account my offer was 20X's with a spend of $75 dollars. For that offer I would have received 22,500, more if I had used any of the personal offers along with it.
Now, if the flyer has the spend amount it is usually $50. That would net you 15,000 without using any personal offers.
the offer you have of 10,000 isn't the best but it's okay. If you need to spend $75 or more I would wait till Friday though.

The only thing I take into consideration is that today there are items on sale that I can put toward the spend $50 get 10,000 points.

often I find the 20x the points offers I receive are limited to the Friday and traditionally Shoppers sales end Thursday and the next one does not start until Saturday so Friday I’m paying full price for everything.

I don’t know about others but I often find the Shoppers offers so complicated to calculate that i just give up on them and don’t even try considering their prices often start higher than other stores and they don’t price match. When I do the calculations, personally I cannot justify the prices if what I’m paying there vs points earned.

The only thing I take into consideration is that today there are items on sale that I can put toward the spend $50 get 10,000 points.

often I find the 20x the points offers I receive are limited to the Friday and traditionally Shoppers sales end Thursday and the next one does not start until Saturday so Friday I’m paying full price for everything.

I don’t know about others but I often find the Shoppers offers so complicated to calculate that i just give up on them and don’t even try considering their prices often start higher than other stores and they don’t price match. When I do the calculations, personally I cannot justify the prices if what I’m paying there vs points earned.
This is ME and the reason why i had to ask for help teasing out the math! The things i need to buy rarely, if ever, go on sale ANYWHERE and are expensive so i might as well get points for them! Normally they were on my Rexall list for earning big Airmiles but since they started up their own reward system (that i also find confusing!) that only allows me to redeem in their store, I won't be shopping there again -- too hard to get to for rewards i won't use.

Glancing at the flyer now and it looks like it runs Friday - Sunday, 20X the points, i have no idea how much I need to spend to get those (usually a threshold right?) but the flyer doesn't start till Saturday? Bonus for me though, I see several things i need ARE on sale! Do I get points for food items as well or are they excluded? This system hurts my head :P

This is ME and the reason why i had to ask for help teasing out the math! The things i need to buy rarely, if ever, go on sale ANYWHERE and are expensive so i might as well get points for them! Normally they were on my Rexall list for earning big Airmiles but since they started up their own reward system (that i also find confusing!) that only allows me to redeem in their store, I won't be shopping there again -- too hard to get to for rewards i won't use.

Glancing at the flyer now and it looks like it runs Friday - Sunday, 20X the points, i have no idea how much I need to spend to get those (usually a threshold right?) but the flyer doesn't start till Saturday? Bonus for me though, I see several things i need ARE on sale! Do I get points for food items as well or are they excluded? This system hurts my head :P

I find that the PC stores generally have done a good job adapting to pandemic life/business. Shoppers offers used to be much more fiddly, but now the special offers usually stretch over the whole weekend and sometimes even into the week.

I don’t know about ON, but out west Friday has flyer sales now. I’m guessing that’s part of covid response too? It’s the last day of the weekly flyer, though.

There will be a minimum $ to reach 20x. It’s usually 50-75$. As for what’s included, food definitely is! The only stuff that isn’t is lotto, prescriptions, gift cards, that kind of thing.

And @Donald - my hero keep in mind if you are going to go over the $50, with the 10K bonus that's all you get, but with the 20X you get bonus on all those dollars that are over as well. Unless you are being really good about sticking that $50 limit, the 20X is a better deal. And yes food is included, which works really well for me as they often have basics on sale (like eggs, bacon, butter, cream, bread, etc) so not only do I get some groceries bought, I just pick up a pretty new nailpolish while I'm at it ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter