• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pearl Harbor bags

chimommy

Mouseketeer
If you don't have any pockets, what did you do with your wallet/phone? Are you allowed a "wallet" that has a cross body strap and a spot to keep a phone or would they consider that a purse? Are cargo shorts allowed? Thanks!

I wore shorts that had large enough pockets to carry my phone, ID and cash. Cargo shorts would be fine.

I am planning on wearing cargo shorts and a cross body strap that will contain my dSLR. unless someone tells me otherwise :)

I brought my crossbody purse and stored it for $5 at bag check. Its a secure facility and they give you a claim ticket similar to a coat check. I just made sure not to have a lot of cash in my wallet. For my phone, I did not have pockets and would either carry it or tuck it into the waistband of my shorts.

What kind of camera bag could I bring? On one part of the page it says a 1 1/2" max dimension, but then it also says a small form-fitting camera bag is OK. I have a micro 4/3 camera and the bag carries that plus one small lens so it's a relatively small camera bag but I'm sure it's more than 1 1/2"

What kind of camera bag could I bring? On one part of the page it says a 1 1/2" max dimension, but then it also says a small form-fitting camera bag is OK. I have a micro 4/3 camera and the bag carries that plus one small lens so it's a relatively small camera bag but I'm sure it's more than 1 1/2"
Do you need your bag? I just carried my DSLR on its strap around my neck. At that time, there were no bags at all allowed and it wasn’t a problem. You aren’t going to have a huge variety of distances at which to shoot—most everything is going to be close to you. You could get away with a fixed 50mm even, IMO. I just took a 20-200 and was fine.

Do you need your bag? I just carried my DSLR on its strap around my neck. At that time, there were no bags at all allowed and it wasn’t a problem. You aren’t going to have a huge variety of distances at which to shoot—most everything is going to be close to you. You could get away with a fixed 50mm even, IMO. I just took a 20-200 and was fine.

Good point. Just habit to have the bag but you’re right that I wouldn’t have it put away in the bag much anyway on that kind of outing.

Good point. Just habit to have the bag but you’re right that I wouldn’t have it put away in the bag much anyway on that kind of outing.
Trust me, I didn’t put my camera away much at all the whole time we were in Hawaii!! My whole bedroom is now decorated with canvas prints from our trip...(9 of them—plus two in the bathroom LOL). You’re in for an amazing trip if you’ve never been!

Trust me, I didn’t put my camera away much at all the whole time we were in Hawaii!! My whole bedroom is now decorated with canvas prints from our trip...(9 of them—plus two in the bathroom LOL). You’re in for an amazing trip if you’ve never been!

Haven't been since I was a baby, so all new to me. So excited! And so much to learn. Thanks for the advice. :-)

The "Clear plastic bags, such as those allowed at football games" from the website listed above is puzzling to me. For instance, do we think This Bag would be allowed. It doesn't mention clear bag dimensions allowed at the site.

The "Clear plastic bags, such as those allowed at football games" from the website listed above is puzzling to me. For instance, do we think This Bag would be allowed. It doesn't mention clear bag dimensions allowed at the

Found this on their website and is what we are planning to use.

Attachments

• 987B3140-8DC9-495F-B246-CF66BC9A0E3C.png
    987B3140-8DC9-495F-B246-CF66BC9A0E3C.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 11
Thank you for this! I think I will keep checking right up to the end of May. I have a clear backpack but was almost turned away at our baseball stadium this past fall because it was a backpack. I think a small investment in a clear stadium bag will be a smart one and can double as a beach bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter