Pearl Harbor when to leave?

Jmmdls1

Earning My Ears
our reservation time is 2:45, is it worth it to get there before that or will we have to wait until then? Just not sure when we should leave from Aulani.

ur reservation time is 2:45, is it worth it to get there before that or will we have to wait until then? Just not sure when we should leave from Aulani.

You should not be hitting rush hour traffic as we did when our USS Arizona reservation was scheduled early morning. It took us over an hour to drive that!

There is a TON of other stuff to see besides the USS Arizona Memorial, so I say go earlier. Leave 2 or more hours early. See Mighty Mo, or tour the USS Bowfin. Here's a link to some of the things to see/do:

https://www.nps.gov/valr/planyourvisit/things2do.htm

Are you just doing the Arizona or are you wanting to see the other sites? I took our 11yo son in April and we spent 2hrs at the Missouri, another 2hrs at the Pacific Aviation Museum then 1hr at Bowfin. For the whole site we were there all up close to 7-8hrs.

Since they close around 5pm from memory you may have to go earlier should you wish to do the other sites as well.

Just a reminder - the Arizona itself is closed indefinitely. The rest of the park is open

Just a reminder - the Arizona itself is closed indefinitely. The rest of the park is open

This is true. They've had an issue with the docking area where guests load/unload. As far as I know, the actual memorial across the USS Arizona is fine, it's just the steps area where the Navy boats have to dock. They are supposed to still be doing "drive by's" if the weather allows, to at least get a closer look. I sure hope they figure out a solution SOON. We are going to Aulani in February with a lot of family and none of them have been there. :sunny:

This is true. They've had an issue with the docking area where guests load/unload. As far as I know, the actual memorial across the USS Arizona is fine, it's just the steps area where the Navy boats have to dock. They are supposed to still be doing "drive by's" if the weather allows, to at least get a closer look. I sure hope they figure out a solution SOON. We are going to Aulani in February with a lot of family and none of them have been there. :sunny:

we also are going in Feb. 5-13 and hoping it is open also, but safety first.

They are supposed to still be doing "drive by's" if the weather allows...
We were there a couple of months ago and did the "drive by." It started with an excellent film that made the events of the Arizona sinking much clearer. Then we boarded the boat that would normally go to the memorial. Instead it sailed around the harbor hither and yon, and got close enough to the Arizona that we could see the wreckage underwater. It wasn't as good as visiting the memorial itself, but nevertheless worth doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter