Performer contracts

pkpope

Earning My Ears
not auditioning through DCP as I’ve already graduated 6+ months ago, but I’m planning on auditioning to be a character performer or dancer for WDW at some point later this year. Does anyone know typically how long the contracts for those positions are? My current plan is to go to law school in august 2019 but im willing to try and differ wherever i get accepted to until august 2020 if i were to get hired full time as a performer. Are the contracts usually 3-6 months or is that only for seasonal positions? Any info is appreciated!

I'm fairly certain the OP isn't a member of AEA and isn't asking about an Equity position.

But here goes:

Character performer and all parade, and most show dance positions are non-Equity and you'll get paid standard hourly rate. Only Equity jobs are contracts, otherwise you're hired on a Seasonal/Part-Time/Full-Time basis just like every other position at Disney that is run through Casting and will be assigned to a specific area at a specific park. Unless you grade out perfect at an audition, I wouldn't expect to get offered a seasonal position in Entertainment as there just isn't the need right now with no night parade at MK. If you want to be a Face Character, you'll still have to go through an audition and "fitting", and even then nothing is guaranteed if a park doesn't have a need from that. You'll still have to be hired by Entertainment too.

I will say that your timeframe will keep you from anything truly Full-Time. Your best bet is Part-Time (with a max of 38 hours a week), but be up front on when you plan on leaving.

The only real Equity positions involve vocalists, actors (Streetmosphere, dinner theater, non-character stage shows) and Castle Forecourt dancers (they used to be called Kids of the Kingdom). You don't go to a character audition for any of these roles.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!