Pete, no extra laptop batteries allowed?

janjandis

DIS Veteran
I heard that you are not allowed to bring any extra li-ion batteries in your carry on anymore. The batteries must be installed in the device. I hope you didn't find this out the hard way!

According to the FAA, most laptop lithium-ion batteries ARE allowed in carry-on baggage, and in addition to the battery in the laptop, passengers can carry on up to two extended-life li-ion spares. See here for the notice.

Interestingly, spare lithium-ion batteries are NOT allowed in CHECKED luggage.

I heard that you are not allowed to bring any extra li-ion batteries in your carry on anymore. The batteries must be installed in the device. I hope you didn't find this out the hard way!

Your thinking checked luggage. They don't want them in checked luggage anymore due to possible explosion or leakage in the cargo holds.

Oh thanks, I totally thought it was the other way around and made everyone leave their spare batteries at home on our last trip. Oops!

I can see how you would think that however, I had to read it three times before it finally made sense.

Sooo, this means we have to put all batteries in our carry-on, even regular batteries?

Does this count for flights coming in from other countries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter