Pete's comments on his team and the Skyliner from last weeks show.

Great show this week. I can not agree more with Pete about his team and what has happened at WDW. Looking forward to next week.

Pete did what any good leader does and that's protect his team.

The fact of the matter is his team let him and his brand down last week. They made it worse shutting down the comments section on YouTube (which are back up btw) and their comments on the dis boards. If he's getting txt messages and calls from people you know it was bad.

Pete's comments about the accident are good. I don't think he went and got a pitch fork nor did he demand people lose their job. Best yet he could empthize with the people who where stuck instead mocking them. Like the crew did last week. He put himself in the position of one of the people stuck and made fun of himself. Did you notice he didnt laugh at the people "sh1tting" in bags. No he put himself in that setting and laughed at himself. "The horror I would have if I had to sh1t in front of 9 other people in a glass box"

I hope his team that he says he puts so much trust in took notes. That is how you bring humor to an incident like that.

ETA - I just listened to the 911 calls. Heart breaking.

Last edited:
Pete did what any good leader does and that's protect his team.

The fact of the matter is his team let him and his brand down last week. They made it worse shutting down the comments section on YouTube (which are back up btw) and their comments on the dis boards. If he's getting txt messages and calls from people you know it was bad.

Pete's comments about the accident are good. I don't think he went and got a pitch fork nor did he demand people lose their job. Best yet he could empthize with the people who where stuck instead mocking them. Like the crew did last week. He put himself in the position of one of the people stuck and made fun of himself. Did you notice he didnt laugh at the people "sh1tting" in bags. No he put himself in that setting and laughed at himself. "The horror I would have if I had to **** in front of 9 other people in a glass box"

I hope his team that he says he puts so much trust in took notes. That is how you bring humor to an incident like that.

ETA - I just listened to the 911 calls. Heart breaking.

I got to listen to Pete's take yesterday afternoon. Honestly, based on the fact this thread was created, I expected him to come "after" those of us who voiced our differing opinions towards his Team and half expected I would find myself rolling my eyes at an overenthusiastic rant and ultimately turning it off. I was surprised to hear just the opposite. His take was even keeled. A well delivered response to those accusers of his team being "shills" for Disney as well as a rational response toward the incident itself. It gave me a new level of respect for Pete.

part of it was they were searching for one specific cabin - at least that is the reports I saw ... someone was having a medical issue from stress and they were trying to find that cabin to rescue that person first before focusing on the rest of the line and they had issues locating it. One element mentioned was the cars do not have the numbers on the bottom of them
This is the first I've heard this. If that's the case, that's a huge oversight on the part of Disney and the manufacturer. What good is me making an emergency call from my stranded gondola car saying we need help in #456 if you have no clue where #456 is? Personally, I'd be able to tell rescuers exactly where I am based on what I'm over but a lot of guests couldn't do that. They need to fix that issue.

Finally got a chance to watch this episode. I tend to agree that his (Pete) statements were spot on and not using a decibel driven response.

I also think that at some point the other podcast members will self-defend in an episode (more so than they already do). I don't think we're there yet, but at least this sets the stage of when the next grumbling occurs.

I love these podcasts. His suggestions to the new president ,Joshua to improve the parks were great. So were the suggestions from his friends. I might add that making more none movie related rides would help with ride lines and I have always been an advocate for Third Magic Kingdom in the United States.

Personally I was surprised that the team's comments created so much controversy. While I disagreed with many of their points, I just took it as a different point of view. I will tell you this, I rode the sky gondolas the day it re-opened, was stuck at one point for maybe 10-15 minutes and it was very unpleasant. Got super hot, and an older gentleman next to me was sweating profusely, I can't imagine 3 hours. So I came away from that experience with a much deeper concern about people having to wait three hours to get off, it is completely unacceptable.

Also it's a worst case scenario type of thing if there's a system wide power faliure and they can't change the direction of the system to unload people.
Exactly. It would only apply to a couple of cars. Note that the photo that circulated after the accident was actually one of these training photos. It didn't actually happen that night.

Exactly. It would only apply to a couple of cars. Note that the photo that circulated after the accident was actually one of these training photos. It didn't actually happen that night.
Which unfortunately some people who have talked about it somehow have gotten the idea that it will happen all the time. Another thing that I head is that they have a way to remove the gondola from the rope and take it to the ground to evacuate people from it, which I highly doubt that they would do or be able to do.

Which unfortunately some people who have talked about it somehow have gotten the idea that it will happen all the time. Another thing that I head is that they have a way to remove the gondola from the rope and take it to the ground to evacuate people from it, which I highly doubt that they would do or be able to do.
The cabins do detach at the stations but detaching from the cable for evacuation is not one of the procedures they would use.

the crew last week delivering a relatively tepid reaction did surprise me but i wasn't bothered by it; if that was everyone's genuine reaction so be it. i'd rather a real reaction than them pretending to be upset just because they think that's what we want to hear.

HOWEVER craig blew it with the "i don't empathize" stuff. foolish comment by him. you're asking for trouble when you go with a comment like that.

HOWEVER craig blew it with the "i don't empathize" stuff. foolish comment by him. you're asking for trouble when you go with a comment like that.
That's your opinion not everyone has to feel the same way about a guest stuck in a gondola for 3 hours. It's just like how I don't expect you to empathize with me if my subway train is late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter