Philadelphia and American Airlines

shm_helene

Mouseketeer
Hi All. Hoping for a little info / experiences. We are leaving through PHL on Thursday and using American. We have used SW for what seems like forever, but alas their schedule is now horrid so here we are with American. With SW we always did curbside check-in. There was literally never a line and since we get dropped at the airport it worked really well for us. AA doesn't have curbside check-in, but I see they have self-serve kiosks. Is that going to work similarly for time? They moved our flight time up and though we SHOULD be fine I am stressing over time (who knows with Phila traffic) and trying to gauge ahead of time what would be our best options upon arrival. Thanks for any advice anyone has!

I have used curbside check in with AA in Philly. I am sure the kiosks would work fine too. I haven't flown AA in a year, but I know we used curbside last time.

We used curbside in August, we have also used the self service kiosks often and IMHO they are quick and easy and I have never waited in a line to access.

I use the kiosk very easy but they ask you a lot of questions.yes american is the best airline to take from phl to mco. Southwest costs more now since they reduce the amounts of direct flights.

Would you prefer one over the other?

Not really - for us it just depends on how we got to the airport and/or where we parked what option we choose, if we are already inside we won't go back outside to curbside. For a large group the fact that you should tip for curbside could be an issue, we tip $2 a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter