Photo sensitivity and GAC

McCall

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if there is a GAC stamp for sun exposure?
I have mobility problems and travel on a scooter so don't need GAC for that but I am extremely photo sensitive.
My scooter has a canopy and I am swathed in light clothing head to toe where hats and gloves and 60 sun block but still need to stay out of the sun as much as possible so waiting in line even on scooter IN THE SUN is not an option for me. I have no problem with the waiting part it is the where that is the problem,
does anyone know if they have such a stamp?
thank you.

My understanding is that one of the stamps has to deal with avoiding lines that are in direct sun for long periods.

I am photo senstivie due to meds and have personally never requested a GAC for this, although I agree with Cheshire Figment that I think there's a stamp for sunny lines so there must be some! Maybe it's the attractions we go on, but I find that the lines are not in the sun.

The only time I had an issue with sun exposure was at the Food & Wine event (line for wine event tent was not shaded & seating for the culinary demos was dappled sun). I told the CM I had a problem with sun. She had me park my ECV in the shade to wait for the wine events and came and got me before she let everyone else in. For the cooking demos, they saved me a chair in the front row that they moved even further to the front so it was totally shaded. So the CMs were very helpful even without a GAC. Just my experience!

:wave: Cupcake

Hi,
One of my meds causes severe sun sensitivity on top of my already sensitive skin. Normally we try to aviod WDW in the months of July and August however in Aug 2001 we went down to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
I brought a note from my doctors and my meds to Guest Services.
I got a GAC that basically informed the CM's that I needed to wait in line in a shaded area. It worked great. All the CM's were very helpful.
Basically if there was a long line and no Fast Pass available I was allowed to wait at either the exit or inside the entrance to the ride.
It went really well. I would definitely suggest using the Fast Pass for all rides that have it. It allowed us to relax in shaded food and store areas and then return at the designated time for the ride.
We are now planning a 2005 trip and it will again turn out to be an August trip and I will be getting another GAC when we get there.

I also used SPF 45 and an umbrella to keep the sun off and scheduled park visits for early morning/afternoon and then evening.

Hope this helps

They have done a good job in the last few years of getting the waiting lines shaded. Most lines are partially or totally in buildings or under awnings, shaded by trees. There are very few queues for rides or attractions where you will not find shade.
The shows that are in outside auditoriums (Tarzan Rocks, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Beauty and the Beast) have roofs, so you will be covered during the show.
The things I noticed that might not be shaded are the handicapped viewing areas for parades (but you can usually find a spot outside of the wheelchair viewing area that is shaded), the performers in the countries in Epcot and the fast food carts located throughout the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter