Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

some school play shots. A7r2 + 85mm FE 1.8 in APS-C mode.

_DSC9685-X3.jpg

_DSC9722-X3.jpg

_DSC9733-X3.jpg

_DSC9759-X2.jpg

Awesome shots!

The Helios has plenty character but low on contrast. It’s pretty sharp also.

I finally figured out how to upload directly to the Dis. I had to resize my photos because I was trying to upload the large files. I just noticed that my photo looks soft and not sharp here. The photo on my PC looks very sharp.

Who needs HDR?

Recently I went back and reedited some photos I took last year, mostly to adjust WB. This process however always seems to end up being much more, at least for me.

Here is a photo of Les Chefs de France restaurant in Epcot after the my original edit. It was taken around 9am in bright sunlight which produced plenty of shadows. I pushed the shadow slider in LR to drawn them out but you can see by looking at the front door area and into the windows that they were still dark.

_DSC3219-X3.jpg

In my recent edit, I used the adjustment brush in LR to increase the exposure and pull shadows more in those dark areas (full disclosure - I also reduced the vignetting I used in the first edit but don't think that had too much effect in the dark areas, especially around the front door). I also adjusted the color of the sky and fixed some distortion issues. The photo was shot with the A7r2 + Batis 18mm 2.8.

I was always impressed with the ability of my NEX-7 sensor to pull shadows, but the A7r2 sensor is truly amazing in this regard. I can't remember the last time I regretted not shooting something bracketed. My HDR software has not gotten much love lately. This method also seems to give you a more "realist" look than HDR software were I have to temper my temptation to push sliders to their limits.

Who needs HDR?

Recently I went back and reedited some photos I took last year, mostly to adjust WB. This process however always seems to end up being much more, at least for me.

Here is a photo of Les Chefs de France restaurant in Epcot after the my original edit. It was taken around 9am in bright sunlight which produced plenty of shadows. I pushed the shadow slider in LR to drawn them out but you can see by looking at the front door area and into the windows that they were still dark.

_DSC3219-X3.jpg

In my recent edit, I used the adjustment brush in LR to increase the exposure and pull shadows more in those dark areas (full disclosure - I also reduced the vignetting I used in the first edit but don't think that had too much effect in the dark areas, especially around the front door). I also adjusted the color of the sky and fixed some distortion issues. The photo was shot with the A7r2 + Batis 18mm 2.8.

I was always impressed with the ability of my NEX-7 sensor to pull shadows, but the A7r2 sensor is truly amazing in this regard. I can't remember the last time I regretted not shooting something bracketed. My HDR software has not gotten much love lately. This method also seems to give you a more "realist" look than HDR software were I have to temper my temptation to push sliders to their limits.

Chris - I really enjoyed reading about your editing steps; very informative even if you aren't using a Sony camera!

In the wetlands here in Florida, it's the time for babies. Newborns are all over the place, screaming, yelling, swallowing all the food they can...walking into the wetlands this time of year almost requires earplugs - the noise from hundreds of baby birds is deafening. But, they're fun to photograph, along with other baby creatures:

Baby great egrets:
original.jpg

Wood stork chicks:
original.jpg

Moorhen chick:
original.jpg

Wood duck momma guiding her ducklings:
original.jpg

Want an idea just how many baby birds there are? Almost every one of these is a juvenile wood stork...this is just ONE TREE ISLAND out of dozens, and they all look like this:
original.jpg

Green heron chick straying from its nest to find out where mom or dad went:
original.jpg

Baby red-winged blackbird practicing his climbing:
original.jpg

Baby slider turtle hitching a ride on dad's back:
original.jpg

Freshly hatched tricolor herons - two siblings sleeping while one lifts his bedhead in the air to take a first look around:
original.jpg

Mother moorhen chasing a great egret away from her babies:
original.jpg

Just got back Saturday from our cruise on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas. Has such a wonderful time and was finally able to spend some quality time with the A73. Came away more impressed with it, AF was amazing and low light shooting was a breeze with AF having no issues during the shows in the dark theater

Harmony Carousel by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Labadee Haiti by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

The Girls with the Trolls by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Columbus by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Harmony of the Seas by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Central Park by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

The Abyss by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

I must be making a mistake somewhere when uploading either to Flickr or here. No matter what I do, the sharpness and resolution is terrible. When I view them on the Dis or when enlarged on Flickr, some of them look horrible. When I enlarge them on my PC they look amazingly sharp. I just don't get it and it's driving me crazy!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter