Photo Shop or Photo Impact

fun2bmomof3

Mouseketeer
For christmas dh is getting me software... I seen photoshop elements 4.0 with elements2.0 and Photo Impact 10 in the stores. They both look amazing. Which one would you ask for?

Thanks for the input,

crissy

I don't know much about photoshop - I use photoimpact and LOVE it!!

Most of us on here use photoimpact - so we would be able to answer more photoimpact questions than photoshop

I just purchased Photo Impact 10. I have only played with it a little, but it seems to have a lot to offer. I found it online at software surplus for $36 including shipping. No rebates or anything.

Deb

Photo impact is really easy to use - but elements doesn't look too tricky. If you do buy it here is a link to an online course that takes you through some of the items step by step. It is aimed at scrapping but the concept would work for tee designs:

Go to www.hp.com then home and home office - then sign up for the scrap booking course - it's free.

I have downloaded the trial for Photo Impact, and oh my, I am not figuring out a darned thing! I guess I am going to have to take one of the on line courses. I usually can teach myself software without any problem, but this one has me stumped! I will keep trying!!!!

I would go for Photoshop...the highest version you can afford. It is more powerful...tool wise. It probably has a learning curve, but it is well worth it.

Makinorlando...try looking for free online tutorials; do a google.com search. Same for anyone using photoshop...any version of it!

I was going to ask almost the exact same question. I already have Photoshop Elements 3.0, though I haven't actually used it much. (I need to find the time to sit down and play with it.) I didn't find many backgrounds, etc. in Elements, though maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.

Does anyone think it's worth it to get Photoimpact? Maybe I'll try the free trial and see what I think.

Beth

Well Hubby went shopping before I had the chance to make a decision, so I got Photo Impact Pro . The book is thicker than a dictionary. I haven't had much chance to to play with it, but it looks awesome.

Thanks for the imput. I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions and of course to show off anything that I manage to design. This board is addicting.

Crissy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter