photographers and extram people

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
I have a couple of more intimate wedding questions. I had been planning on just using Disney's photographers b/c it would be easiest, both my fiance and i have jobs that are over 80 hrs a week. But after reading these posts I'm starting to rethink that. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations other than Chapman Photography. I was hoping to get to keep the negatives, but I was also hoping to stay under (well under if possible) $1000. Is that possible? Like I said, I just don't have time to make tons of phone calls and check all kinds of places out, but if people recommended someone and had a good experience that would be good enough for me.

Also, has anyone actually added the extra 5 people on to the intimate wedding package? My wedding coordinator never mentioned that, but for $500 we might comsider it.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to my wedding!

We are getting married June 16 at the wedding pavillion. I also was originally going to go with Disney's photography, but we decided on Randy Chapman instead. His prices were much better and include a ton of photos. I did price a bunch of other places - most were along the same price as Disney and included the same amount of photos. Some were even more expensive. There is a list on the disneymooners web site with links to many Orlando area photographers web sites that may help you. I know you're planning an intimate wedding - but just for reference, the custom pricing that Randy sent us ranged from $1500-3600 and all the packages included much more than what Disney quoted. His prices include the alblum, all proofs, and lots of pics. Good luck and congrats! :D

Unfortunately it is rare to find a photographer who will let you have the negatives. Most of the studios are fairly consistent in pricing, as it is "what the market will pay." An unconventional solution would be to contact an area school's photography department and see if a well educated student or teacher would be interested. They may use 35mm instead of medium format, but with all the trouble we've had trying to find a place to print our pictures I'm not sure that is such a bad thing. You could also check with area magazines or newspapers, they may have someone they could recommend and who could meet your needs. I realize that means taking some chances, but we had trouble with Disney. They "lost" our order, and after numerous phone calls and them dropping the ball again and again a manager felt bad for us and sent us our negatives. We never did get our albulm.

Randy Chapman includes negatives in most of his packages, as do several of the photographers recommended on www.yourfairytale.com
Cheers!
Heather W

We're going to be using Gary Fox for our November wedding. I believe his intimate package is $600 for 2 hours (but don't quote me on that :p as I might be remembering wrong). For our custom package (5 hours coverage in the ballpark of $2200) we do get to keep our negatives, but I'm not sure about the intimates.

HTH,
Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter