Photopass change?

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
I bought an AP this year, and was looking forward to getting a bunch of PhotoPass pictures.
When I looked at the pictures, there was no way to add captions, etc., like there used to be.
I called Member Services, and was told that this was no longer available via computer, but the phone app still had this feature.
So I tried that. Nope, no way to add graphics.
Am I doing something wrong, or has this feature been removed?
Thanks.

You are correct, there are a lot fewer featured. What I don't like about trying to add a border or sticker using the phone app is that it is so hard to see what you are even picking to apply!

You are correct, there are a lot fewer featured. What I don't like about trying to add a border or sticker using the phone app is that it is so hard to see what you are even picking to apply!
Where do you see the ability to add graphics? I don't see it at all on my Android/LG G3 phone. Am I missing something? Where should I look? All I see are options to "download/share" or purchase items. I have the free PhotoPass because I bought an AP this year.
Thank you.

Where do you see the ability to add graphics? I don't see it at all on my Android/LG G3 phone. Am I missing something? Where should I look? All I see are options to "download/share" or purchase items. I have the free PhotoPass because I bought an AP this year.
Thank you.
The edit option is still (for now anyway) an option in the MDE mobile app for Apple (iOS) devices when viewing a PhotoPass picture.

The edit option is still (for now anyway) an option in the MDE mobile app for Apple (iOS) devices when viewing a PhotoPass picture.
Aha. I don't see an edit option on Android. I'll have to take a look on iOS. Thanks.

Yep. I just tried it on an iOS phone, and sure enough there is an "edit" option. However, it seems that the only year available is 2018! So it doesn't look like there is a lot of support for this feature.

Yep. I just tried it on an iOS phone, and sure enough there is an "edit" option. However, it seems that the only year available is 2018! So it doesn't look like there is a lot of support for this feature.
When was the picture taken? I'm seeing 2019 for pictures that were taken last night at DHS.

When was the picture taken? I'm seeing 2019 for pictures that were taken last night at DHS.
My pictures were from January 2019. The frames are so tiny, they're impossible to read until they're applied. Maybe I missed the ones that say 2019.

On my iPad, running latest iOS and MDE app, I have full editing available for photos as recent as last week. Those borders are certainly tiny until applied, but then are easy to “X out of as well”.

Has anyone figured this out? I’m having the same issues!
If you are on the PhotoPass website, you can no longer edit photos to add borders, etc. PhotoPass has confirmed that the feature is gone.

If you are using an Android smartphone, the MDE mobile app no longers allows edits (borders, stickers, etc). The Apple version still has the edit feature.

If you are on the PhotoPass website, you can no longer edit photos to add borders, etc. PhotoPass has confirmed that the feature is gone.

If you are using an Android smartphone, the MDE mobile app no longers allows edits (borders, stickers, etc). The Apple version still has the edit feature.
Correct. When I called the website version of Guest Services, I was told the computer version no longer supports the add-ons, but the mobile app does. However, the Android mobile app does NOT have the "edit" feature. So the "edit" feature is now limited to Apple OS phones.
And by the way, the updated Play Disney no longer functions on my Android phone, either. It requires Android 7 or higher (current is 9). Strange that Disney is limiting users of mobile apps!

I'm not getting everything on my iPhone, either. Just the color saturation and cropping. No stickers, no frames.

Well this stinks! I was looking forward to spending the day editing my photopass photos only to be disappointed by Disney :sad2: . They keep taking good things away :(

I tried this a couple months ago ,
I finally gave up but I thought I was doing something wrong

I tried this a couple months ago ,
I finally gave up but I thought I was doing something wrong
Nope, you're not doing anything wrong.
I've tried it on an older iOS phone, and every time I try to save a photo with an added border, etc., it just crashes. I'm going to try it on a new iOS phone soon, and hopefully that will work.
Amazing that Disney writes off such a large segment of customers. And by the way, Play Disney now also no longer works on my Android phone, because Play Disney now needs Android 7 or newer.

Just an FYI, it's still available in the IOS system via DME but instead of saving to the bunch you already have in your collection, its saving to my photos on my iPad. and yes, the borders and stickers are really are to see on the iPad

Just an FYI, it's still available in the IOS system via DME but instead of saving to the bunch you already have in your collection, its saving to my photos on my iPad. and yes, the borders and stickers are really are to see on the iPad
Yes. Friends loaned me an old iPhone, which I recently updated. With the new update, the pictures with borders and/or stickers will now load to the phone, and then I can email them to myself and save in my computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!