• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass comment and idea

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
I was listening to this week's email show and the question regarding the Grand Floridian photopass session and wanted to make a comment. Because of the awesome ideas here on this podcast board, I was part of a photopass cd with other Disers (which, by the way, worked out great!). When trying to get through the more than 1000 pictures, I saw two GF photopass sessions and the pictures were AWESOME!!! I thought it was a great value too. And that leads me to an idea that I wanted to post but since the photopass doesn't have its own individual thread, I wasn't sure where to post it. From what I could tell, when Disers go together on a photopass disk, someone has to take "the lead" to collect the money, order the disk and when it arrives, sort through the pics and burn them on individual disks and finally mail them to each person participating. Like I said, in our group we had more than 1k pics which is a headache for the OP to sort through. My idea is for the group to agree in advance for a picture-ordering site (like snapfish, shutterfly, or the like) and then when the disks come in, instead of sorting through and burning them onto disks the OP can upload them to a site using a generic account name/password that is given to each participant. Each person can then go in an order their own pics off the site and if they want all of the pics, they can pay the OP to burn and mail their pics. Some people I noticed though only had a handful of pics and if you use a site like ebates.com that offer rebates on your purchases and couple them with a coupon code, you can order your pics without any hassle to anyone. Obviously this wouldn't be great for everyone, but some people are paying for a disk/postage that really just want the pics.
Any thoughts?

I don't have any ideas on this topic, but I wanted to thank you for posting as I was wondering how the photopass sharing thing worked.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter