Please remove

Catching photopass people there is a bit more work than at the parks. We got some great photos, but we really made a point to look for the photographers and were there for a longer time. My recollection is you can collect and decide later. Our character photos were included in our pass. They are also usually on the beach at sunset so that you can get a family shot there if you want that. We found them there two nights. Its a popular time for photos though. . .

IMO, it's not worth $99 for character pics only (you don't even get stock resort pics either). But if you want to take advantage of the beach pics, I got every penny of my $99 worth from those; they are fabulous. But like with all PP photogs, YMMV on that.

But yes, you can buy once you get home.

IMO, it's not worth $99 for character pics only (you don't even get stock resort pics either). But if you want to take advantage of the beach pics, I got every penny of my $99 worth from those; they are fabulous. But like with all PP photogs, YMMV on that.

But yes, you can buy once you get home.
I agree with you. I wouldn't do this just for the character photos. But we got some really nice family beach photos.

I'm not 100% sure, but I just clicked through the photopass website. And Aulani seems to function the same as the parks. So I think so. But if I were you, I would confirm onsite before I left.

I got the $99 from the Aulani website
https://www.disneyaulani.com/media/...vices/Aulani-PhotoPass-Package-Price-List.pdf

But since they are also talking about a dining package, I was wondering if those photos are also included, or only available in that package.

I doubt I'll buy it at home btw, I was just wondering if I could decide on the last day of my stay if I wanted the full package or only individual photo's
Yes, you can buy individuals or the full set once you get home. But I would strongly suggest going to the Photopass kiosk at Aulani and linking all your cards before you leave. Before you will be able to see them on the website, you will likely have to call the Photopass number from the website and have them drag your pics from the Aulani system to that one. Extraordinarily frustrating, but the phone reps are super helpful at making sure ALL your pics show up.

We feel it is worth the $99. The photo package from the character meal is not included on the regular photo pass. It is a separate charge, but you can get a CD of those character meal pics as well. The CD does also come with stock photos if purchased at Aulani while you are there. I'm not sure about downloads once you get home.

We feel it is worth the $99. The photo package from the character meal is not included on the regular photo pass. It is a separate charge, but you can get a CD of those character meal pics as well. The CD does also come with stock photos if purchased at Aulani while you are there. I'm not sure about downloads once you get home.
thanks for the clarification. I thought our character photos were included, but I must have forgotten. I have to investigate this more. Its odd that there are arguably two conflicting prices depending on where you look on the website. I don't think the photopass portion I looked at listed the $99 CD option. It may be more if you buy memory maker to get the downloads/sharing etc, as opposed to having everything on a CD? We are going again in March, so I will know by then for sure.

If you buy the CD, do you only get the CD or also the downloads? Is it different from buying the full set at home? (except you have a physical CD (and no devices that read those anymore))
I will be there before you . . if you don't get an answer by then, I will try to remember to come back to clarify what we did and how much it cost.

Regular character photos around the resort are included in the $99. The OP was asking about photos from the character breakfast. It works different than regular photo pass at Disney parks.

We just got home today. We thought the $99 Photo Pass CD was well worth it! We have over 400 photos of the two of us from our 7 days. Some photographers would see us and snap photos in the pool or wherever; we had great fun on the beach at sunset each night as well. Stock photos ARE included on the CD if you purchase it at the resort, but not when you opt for digital download. We bought the character meal photos separately ($35 for each meal, for the photos on CD).

There is also a PhotoPass scavenger hunt you can do and get a free printed photo with the purchase of the CD. (Your choice of photo.)

Well that stinks that you only get stock photos on the CD. They never told me that ahead of time. We couldn't buy the CD there because we didn't have time to add borders there at the kiosk due to closing time of the store and our early flight out.

You cannot add borders to your PhotoPass CD anyway; they can only be done online. It's a silly system, and frustrates the staff as much as it does us WDW veterans used to having access to everything online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter