Photopass WdW vs DL

seashell724

DIS Veteran
i am on the fence about getting the photopass at DL/DCA. We got photopass when we were in Florida because I thought with 4 parks and 7 day passes it would be worth it. We are only in the Cali parks for 3 days and I'm sure there aren't as many photo ops.

Have you found the DL photopass to be worth its value? Is there a lot of photo opportunities or should I skip it this time?

There are an ok number of PP opportunities. You can find the photographer locations on the Disneyland app. If you decide to do it, the most economical way is probably to add MaxPass (which includes PP downloads) to one person's ticket for $10/day each day of the trip. So, that would end up being $30 for the three days.

It's a nice bonus if you get Maxpass, but that's about it. There are FAR fewer opportunities and photographers than there are at WDW. If you can even find a photographer, they almost always have huge lines. The only PP photos we ended up getting were just ride photos, and I would've been upset if I actually paid on top of Maxpass for it.

I was just there over Labor Day for the half marathon and got photopass with my maxpass, which I was on the fence about. I would have purchased photopass anyway since my race photos were included.
I made sure to stop at every photographer I saw, I didn't see that many. I had to ask for magic shots and there aren't that many ride photos. I was kind of disappointed with the amount of photos I got especially having experience with the service at WDW.

There aren't as many Photopass photographers around compared with WDW but it's a nice bonus with MaxPass. You can get some fun ride ones (RSR and Guardians..not sure of others) and got one surprise video. Only got a couple magic shots. Also note that you can download pictures but can't add borders and stuff ). But we did get some nice photos overall with all of us in the pictures.

We had Maxpass so photos were included. Compared to WDW, I did feel like there were fewer opportunities and the quality wasn't the same imo. At least 1/3 of mine have somebody's face blocked because the photographer didn't let us know and the pics with Sally/Jack are terrible (shadows on everyone's faces). In the magic shots, we kept getting Olaf - even though we'd let them know that we already did Olaf. I'm glad we have the rest and I'd probably do the $10/day Maxpass for them. We've had such good experiences with WDW that I was surprised DL wasn't comparable.

Thanks guys. We will pass on it for this trip and save the money up for another time!
I really appreciate all the feedback.

i am on the fence about getting the photopass at DL/DCA. We got photopass when we were in Florida because I thought with 4 parks and 7 day passes it would be worth it. We are only in the Cali parks for 3 days and I'm sure there aren't as many photo ops.

Have you found the DL photopass to be worth its value? Is there a lot of photo opportunities or should I skip it this time?

There are not as many ride photos or magic shots avalible. We still bought it for our last trip though, but it is no where near as good as WDWs.
I second the recommendation to get Maxpass to get it

Do the characters have photographers like WDW? Specifically Princess meet and greet?

Do the characters have photographers like WDW? Specifically Princess meet and greet?

There were photographers at Anna & Elsa meet and greet. Not sure about others.

We also had photos from Star Wars characters (in the star wars building) and at Goofy's Kitchen character meal (at entrance only).
I'm sure others can tell you more from their experiences.

Some characters do - the princesses at PFF and Anna and Elsa do, and so do the superheroes, as do Minnie and Mickey in their houses. The exception would be if you happen to hit a photographer on break - rare, but can occasionally happen.

Lots of characters don't, though. Minnie and Mickey do more often than others, but generally the outside characters DON'T have photographers more often than they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter