Picking up amazon shipment upon arrival

kneemeister

Mouseketeer
I am flying down Saturday, at the last Miniute I was able to get every night of my trip except for Saturday at Ft. Wilderness. I had reservations at ASMu.
As I have not camped in two years (My last visit to Ft. Wilderness, where my tent suffered a catostropic pole failure on the third night. The Fort took care of me with one of there rental tents at no charge for the next 4 nights!!).
I decided to buy a new tent and air mattress on Amazon and have them shipped to the Fort. Do they hold the packages at the Outpost for pickup? I hope to get in the campground Sunday morning as early as posible and make it to AK around lunch time.
Oh, and for Saturday night I got a great Hotwire deal on the Wyndham Grand for less than $100. So actually less than the same night was at ASMu minus the resort fee.

Dave,

There is a pinned thread on the DIS resorts board regarding shipping things to yourself at a WDW resort like the Fort. See post #1.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

Mainly it says to add your date of arrival on the address. So if it's properly addressed and delivered before you arrive, the Outpost building (the lobby/check-in) will hold it for you until you come and ask for it.

Good luck with your plans!

Bama Ed

Dave,

There is a pinned thread on the DIS resorts board regarding shipping things to yourself at a WDW resort like the Fort. See post #1.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

Mainly it says to add your date of arrival on the address. So if it's properly addressed and delivered before you arrive, the Outpost building (the lobby/check-in) will hold it for you until you come and ask for it.

Good luck with your plans!

Bama Ed
Yes Bama Ed, worked for me 3 years ago only personal mail package via USPS.

I decided to buy a new tent and air mattress on Amazon and have them shipped to the Fort. Do they hold the packages at the Outpost for pickup?

1) Make sure you use the EXACT ADDRESS for The Fort.
. . . if not the correct address, it goes to a central location at WDW
. . . it could take days for it to arrive at the desired resort
. . . also, make sure your name, arrival date, and ressie number are on the package - without ID, they might go back to Central Receiving
2) Any packages that go to a resort are held by the Front Desk . . . in some cases, Bell Services
3) At The Fort, they are held at The Outpost.

I have had repair parts and a few other items shipped to the Fort. I have always made sure to include my site number and labeled it C/O Disneys Fort Wilderness resort. Works like a charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter